Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Camera Raw?

gilead
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Camera Raw?

Just wondering if anyone has had camera raw quit on them? I was away for a few weeks and when I came back and tried using camera raw I get the message " Bridge's parent application is not active." "Bridge requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature."
Only thing left to launch is computer out the window, lol
I've read quite a few different post on various forums but no luck on getting it to work. I've uninstalled all Adobe software and reinstalled but still no go.
If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Roland

Aug 01, 2012 at 03:38 AM
tomrock
• • •
p.1 #2 · Camera Raw?

Usually this means PS hasn't been activated. Have you started and activated PS?

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:19 PM
redcrown
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Camera Raw?

Yeah, I got this message a lot when I was using the CS6 Beta, where you had to pass through the Photoshop "demo" screen each time you launched.

Bridge launched "free" and would navigate OK. But when you launched ACR from Bridge you got this message if the Photoshop beta was not already running and was past the demo activation screen.

So basically, it means your Photoshop is not recognized as registered. If you think it is registered, then you've got a bigger problem and will probably have to use Adobe live support to sort it out.

But also, check your Bridge/Preferences/Startup Scripts and make sure the Bridge and Photoshop options that "enable communication" are checked.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:44 PM
gilead
• •
p.1 #4 · Camera Raw?

It is activated and shows as registered also, what's weird is that it was working a few weeks ago when I last used it. I can launch camera raw in mini bridge but it's quite a bit more time consuming.

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:52 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password