FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Mt. Rainier and Oregon beach

Callisto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mt. Rainier and Oregon beach

I am working through my pictures from the great northwest - I just returned with far too many images. Oh, well, a few months of edit or discard is what I am facing. I am wondering what you experienced landscapers think of my early morning misty Mount Rainier shots - Does one work better or maybe neither? The few days on the Oregon coast were very foggy except for the evening I shot the beach scene, a little break in the clouds added some color.

© Callisto 2012

© Callisto 2012

© Callisto 2012

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:34 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mt. Rainier and Oregon beach

Hi Rodyon,

I think the Rainier shots are pretty cool looking. Not drop dead beautiful, but still very nice. In #2, the only thing I don't care for is the shape of the tree on the right that is silhouetted is kind of scruffy looking compared to the other trees there, so that ends up being a distraction. #3, the beach, looks to have had the shadows recovered too much, or HDR used too much. A nice scene, but pull some midtones back into it.

Jim

Aug 01, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Callisto
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mt. Rainier and Oregon beach

Jim,
I appreciate your thoughtful comments, I struggle most with my attempts with landscapes and find the workflow of editing to change things so that my mind can get trapped in the excitement of the moment. I will work with your suggestions - RC

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.