Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Niagara Falls, Ontario

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Niagara Falls, Ontario

possibly for the WA Skyline
General thoughts, specific thoughts re processing, color

Thanks.
Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2012

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens    17mm    f/8.0    1/250s    160 ISO    +0.5 EV  

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:44 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Niagara Falls, Ontario

Not sure it's a good choice for "skyline" since the falls tend to compete with it a wee bit creating a ping<>pong dynamic with a shapeless blob of mist in the middle.

Before reading the text my reaction to the photo was "Falls, Boat, distracting buildings in the background.

As "skyline" theme shot it would work better for me cropped near the start of mist the "Maid of the Mist" is heading towards showing just the background section of the Canadian falls for context. That would tend to make the skylight seen first, then the context that tells the viewer where it is. The problem then is that as skylines go its not very impressive.

Did you get over to the Canadian side?

Aug 01, 2012 at 01:23 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Niagara Falls, Ontario

Chuck,
I agree with all your points. The skyline doesnt do much. It needs the falls. But then, is it a skyline image?
Been to the Canadian side last year. This year we did Cave of the Winds (a misnomer, no cave), got drenched with warm Niagara water, then a few vineyards along the NY Niagara Wine Trail.
Scott

Aug 01, 2012 at 02:05 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Niagara Falls, Ontario

A little more PS than is appropriate for the WA, but as a "concept" I tried to take a slice out of the blob mist area.

Aug 01, 2012 at 05:15 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Niagara Falls, Ontario

Thanks Kent.
Looks good.
I actually have several similar shots but wasnt happy with the WA lens distortion and my ability to correct it. It is certainly a tighter comp and more about the skyline.
Scott

Aug 01, 2012 at 01:22 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password