New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Some new portraits of Nina

Martini293

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some new portraits of Nina

My new photos of Nina. Photoshoot was about bridal dresses made by Polona Andromako. Shoot was in Slovenia.

1)

IMG_8714 by mvrscaj, on Flickr

2)

IMG_8819 by mvrscaj, on Flickr

3)

IMG_8792 by mvrscaj, on Flickr

4)

IMG_8771 by mvrscaj, on Flickr

5)

IMG_8655 by mvrscaj, on Flickr

6)

IMG_8636 by mvrscaj, on Flickr

Jul 31, 2012 at 02:49 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some new portraits of Nina

Just curious, but if the photoshoot was focused on the wedding dresses as you reported, why is it that just 1 of the 6 pictures show the wedding dress in full? Typically, it would be the other way around, a number of full-length pictures, then 1 or 2 cropped shots showing details.

Jul 31, 2012 at 03:10 PM
Martini293

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some new portraits of Nina

Thanks for commenting, I chose this portraits for People forum, I have a lot more picture that show full dresses and those might be for another day. I like portraits from waste up more so this is why i showed these photos.

Jul 31, 2012 at 03:14 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some new portraits of Nina

Howdy (Hello).

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

She has a nice face.

My Quick Simple Suggestion: Work on the posing of the model. Notice the hands and limbs/arms and lack of them in some cases. Notice where the lines of the dress are and how that can be BEST shown in the photo.

From this set I think image 2 is the weakest (poor pose and POV and composition).

And, I never have liked seeing a "Girl holding up a wall" photo (image #1).

My favorite images were #5 and #6.

I hope these comments help you.

Jul 31, 2012 at 03:15 PM
Martini293

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some new portraits of Nina

Thank you for your comment Steady Hand, I will think about that next shoot.

Jul 31, 2012 at 03:18 PM
DavidWEGS
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Some new portraits of Nina

Take this for what you will:

Model expression: Dull. Neither engaged with the camera/viewer, not abject and taken by interest in something else.

Lighting: Flat and lifeless mostly. Need something to craft it a little.

Posing: Not bad mostly although the model expression does not help. Rule of thumb.. "if it bends, bend it". To whit, more bends are better.

Aug 01, 2012 at 11:40 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.