Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Why I changed my mind about selling my 85 1.8
  
 
Bullseye5d2
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Why I changed my mind about selling my 85 1.8


So a little while ago I bought the wonderful 85mm 1.2L II with which I fell in love for close up portraits use.

I then put up my 85mm 1.8 for sale, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore, even tough I knew the 1.2 had a slower autofocus...

Fortunately for me I still hadn't sold it last week end when I went on to shoot a wedding. During the party after the reception, when the light was so scarce my 5d2 center point had trouble locking on targets and manual focus was way out of the question (could barely see any details through the viewfinder) and people were moving everywhere and dancing around, the 85mm 1.8 saved the day along with the 35L.

I'm keeping this lens for sure



Jul 31, 2012 at 05:47 PM
Valjr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Why I changed my mind about selling my 85 1.8


Bullseye5d2 wrote:
So a little while ago I bought the wonderful 85mm 1.2L II with which I fell in love for close up portraits use.

I then put up my 85mm 1.8 for sale, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore, even tough I knew the 1.2 had a slower autofocus...

Fortunately for me I still hadn't sold it last week end when I went on to shoot a wedding. During the party after the reception, when the light was so scarce my 5d2 center point had trouble locking on targets and manual focus was way out of the question (could barely see any
...Show more

+1, and if you ever need a light fixed focal lens for indoor sports like volleyball and basketball..it performs very well. Tha AF speed in this situation alone is worth the $300+ you would get selling it.



Jul 31, 2012 at 06:41 PM
elader
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Why I changed my mind about selling my 85 1.8


I use it constantly with an extension tube for shallow dof closeups of details at receptions too.


Aug 01, 2012 at 08:52 PM
D. Diggler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Why I changed my mind about selling my 85 1.8


elader wrote:
I use it constantly with an extension tube for shallow dof closeups of details at receptions too.


It is a good length for use with a tube. I think my tube is a 12. What's yours?



Aug 01, 2012 at 09:27 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



elader
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Why I changed my mind about selling my 85 1.8


D. Diggler wrote:
It is a good length for use with a tube. I think my tube is a 12. What's yours?



that's a personal question Dirk.



Aug 02, 2012 at 02:27 AM
D. Diggler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Why I changed my mind about selling my 85 1.8


elader wrote:
that's a personal question Dirk.




Aug 02, 2012 at 02:38 AM
kaycephoto
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Why I changed my mind about selling my 85 1.8


D. Diggler wrote:


=D

but on a serious note.. the 85 1.8 is one of Canon's best bang-for-the-buck lenses & a very trusty tool in some applications.. that said, I hate the super long MFD & poor magnification :/ without taking a look at specs, i'd wager it's my absolute worst lens in this regard..



Aug 02, 2012 at 07:52 AM





FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password