Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

fullpotential
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

some glamourish stuff in my studio;

1)

2)

3)

the rest on my flickr

Jul 31, 2012 at 03:37 PM
liamh
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

I like 2 best. And I think these are safe for work...

Jul 31, 2012 at 04:23 PM
ChiShutter
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

3 is my favorite. Really nice shot. #1 is cropped in too tight for my taste, and in #2 I don't love the "square to the camera" post for your model. She loses a lot of femininity that way.

Jul 31, 2012 at 08:49 PM
Shappy
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

Interesting and nice lighting on number 2. What was your intent with displaying the American flag backwards and using the flag as a piece of clothing?

Jul 31, 2012 at 09:00 PM
pinball
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

The flag looks dirty, the whites don't look white, might have too adjust in levels

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:39 PM
ANDS

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

I'm not sure the policy on editing photo, but perhaps this is what you wanted in the first one:

The other two are spot on.

Aug 01, 2012 at 01:49 AM

fullpotential
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

thanks everyone for your feedback/response...i'll do my best to answer some of the questions;

@shappy-the original idea was 'classic american beauty' somewhat of a knock on the over smoothed, polished studio look that we are all guilty of doing. the texture of the flag the increased contrast, messed up hair, implied nudity, etc. the first one is the best example of that, the other 2 are just stuff we got in the shoot

@pinball - thanks for your input, the flag is dirty! i agree that it's not a perfect color temp but it's a more realistic color time and i think adds to the theme

@ANDS- I dont mind you taking a crack at it, the color looks great but highlights now look a little hot (might be my monitor, im at work)

@liamh-I agree but i dont know how strict others works are, if it's any model pic I normally put NSFW

cheers and thanks again

Zach

Aug 01, 2012 at 06:33 PM
jerbear00
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

strong stuff!

Aug 01, 2012 at 06:46 PM
fullpotential
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

jerbear00 wrote:
strong stuff!

thanks!

Aug 02, 2012 at 04:24 AM
BFahey
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

I like the shots and the model is beautiful.

I get the concept of the shoot and the model is beautiful but you have to be careful when hanging the flag BACKWARDS. Stars always go in the upper left hand corner. This signifies the stars (flag) advancing. The American flag is never to hung hung with the stars (flag) retreating. That is a HUGE issue with a lot of people who have been wounded and died for that piece of fabric to be displayed correctly.

The first shot is also really nice and I can't really fault you using the flag as a drape over her body since most of modern society has forgotten the rules of how an American flag should be handled. Using it as clothing violates the flag code.

The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins). Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.

The flag should never be drawn back or bunched up in any way.

All in all nice shots. I like the color rendition in the first one as it was originally displayed. It seems somewhat nostalgic.

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:51 PM
mstenj
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · grace w american flag (NSFW?)

Images are technically good. For me personally, I agree with BFahey on all points regarding the flag.

Aug 11, 2012 at 09:23 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password