Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Balloon Flight
  
 
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Balloon Flight


Last month I made a video for a mate of mine who runs a ballooning business. You can see the video here: https://vimeo.com/44581998

As a thank you he took my wife and youngest up for a flight - I took some snaps...

Before:









































During:
































After:






















Jul 31, 2012 at 02:03 PM
Jim Rickards
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Balloon Flight


You caught a few "moments" that should prove worthy of the family archives. Nice job.

My fav's are the portraits of the "during" sequence with the countryside in the background. I will be seeing it for myself in 11 days. Taking the Queen Mary over to UK on 3 August.



Jul 31, 2012 at 02:33 PM
ct8282
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Balloon Flight


A nice set with some good captures and records of the event.

On my monitor there appears to be a slight orange/pinky hue, particularly in the first 2 or 3. I thought perhaps they looked a bit too warm but there's something else going on with the colour cast.



Jul 31, 2012 at 03:02 PM
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Balloon Flight


Jim Rickards wrote:
You caught a few "moments" that should prove worthy of the family archives. Nice job.

My fav's are the portraits of the "during" sequence with the countryside in the background. I will be seeing it for myself in 11 days. Taking the Queen Mary over to UK on 3 August.


I'm sure you'll enjoy The Queen Mary Jim - that is one luxurious ship. Make sure you bring a brolly - it's barely stopped raining here for four months.



Jul 31, 2012 at 03:33 PM
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Balloon Flight


ct8282 wrote:
A nice set with some good captures and records of the event.

On my monitor there appears to be a slight orange/pinky hue, particularly in the first 2 or 3. I thought perhaps they looked a bit too warm but there's something else going on with the colour cast.


Good spot, not sure how I managed that, but now rectified.



Jul 31, 2012 at 03:34 PM
derry1
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Balloon Flight


great photos and loved the video,,

Derry



Jul 31, 2012 at 04:29 PM
benee
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Balloon Flight


Nice set!

I like the shots of the ballon being prepped the best, particulary the couple of shots with flames! I would have liked a few shots with even wider angles from within the gondola, so I get even more of the surroundings with people.



Jul 31, 2012 at 05:13 PM
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Balloon Flight


I enjoyed seeing these.

Nice fun set of a memorable event in anyone's life.

Nice portraits of the pilot and your wife in flight.

Countryside looks like a wonderful place to fly over (and land in).

Regards,
SH



Jul 31, 2012 at 07:13 PM
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Balloon Flight


derry1 wrote:
great photos and loved the video,,

Derry


Cheers, Derry and thanks for watching the video.


benee wrote:
Nice set!

I like the shots of the ballon being prepped the best, particulary the couple of shots with flames! I would have liked a few shots with even wider angles from within the gondola, so I get even more of the surroundings with people.


Thanks Benee, I've got a few wides and super-wides, though they all have shots of my eldest son, who will kill me if I post his picture on the net!

Steady Hand wrote:
I enjoyed seeing these.

Nice fun set of a memorable event in anyone's life.

Nice portraits of the pilot and your wife in flight.

Countryside looks like a wonderful place to fly over (and land in).

Regards,
SH


Thanks Steady.



Jul 31, 2012 at 08:25 PM
smackem
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Balloon Flight


I enjoyed the pictures and your video. I'd love to go up in a balloon someday and may give your friend a call. I live not too far away....

All the best, Tony



Jul 31, 2012 at 09:07 PM
 



jwp721
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Balloon Flight


Nice video! Reminds me of the times my daughter and I used to be a member of a chase crew for a local balloon pilot.

At around the 30-37second mark the pilot hits the gas and gives an expression that seems like he doesn't like what he is hearing or seeing. Sort of like he is shaking something to make it work. Or a flame could have gone out in one of his burners. His look makes it appear like he is not completely in control. Not the best expression for any pilot to display!!!!

Otherwise thanks for reminding me how much fun hot air ballooning is! It should be on everyone's bucket list of things to do.

John




Aug 01, 2012 at 01:39 PM
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Balloon Flight


smackem wrote:
I enjoyed the pictures and your video. I'd love to go up in a balloon someday and may give your friend a call. I live not too far away....

All the best, Tony


Go for it Tony. Give Stuart a ring, he'll sort you out for sure.



Aug 01, 2012 at 07:46 PM
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Balloon Flight


jwp721 wrote
At around the 30-37second mark the pilot hits the gas and gives an expression that seems like he doesn't like what he is hearing or seeing.

Interesting take on it and I see your point. I chose that shot because there was a bit of action. My take is, he is in control.



Aug 01, 2012 at 07:49 PM
facedodge
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Balloon Flight


I really like the diagonal composition of the balloon inflating with blue sky to the right. Well done.


Aug 01, 2012 at 08:26 PM
neighbourboy
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Balloon Flight


That looks like a ton of fun. I enjoyed these very much.

--David



Aug 02, 2012 at 12:30 AM
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Balloon Flight


facedodge wrote:
I really like the diagonal composition of the balloon inflating with blue sky to the right. Well done.

Yes, that's my favourite too. No people mind...

neighbourboy wrote:
That looks like a ton of fun. I enjoyed these very much.

--David

Thanks David.



Aug 02, 2012 at 11:05 AM
RoadconePhoto
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Balloon Flight


lol at the kid with the champagne


Aug 02, 2012 at 03:12 PM
closer2par
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Balloon Flight


this is a very nice series. great colors and action. thanks for sharing!

Steve



Aug 03, 2012 at 04:12 AM
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Balloon Flight


RoadconePhoto wrote:
lol at the kid with the champagne

Ha, ha, don't worry, he was just holding mine whilst I took his picture. He only drinks beer..



Aug 03, 2012 at 07:57 AM
liamh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Balloon Flight


closer2par wrote:
this is a very nice series. great colors and action. thanks for sharing!

Steve

Thanks Steve.



Aug 03, 2012 at 07:58 AM





FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password