Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

drpeters
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

Feets

On her way from the car to the door she stubbed her toe and as there were no bandages available we made do with kleenex and gaffers tape. This was our fourth shoot together and the first not in the month of January. We have another shoot on August 6th. I will be rolling out the red carpet... so she doesn't stub her toe again. :P

dp

Jul 30, 2012 at 09:55 PM
scleister
• •
p.1 #2 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

I like but would be better with clean feet.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:28 AM
jdevarie
• •
p.1 #3 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

love the concept. too bad about her toe.

Jul 31, 2012 at 01:43 AM
drpeters
• •
p.1 #4 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

The dirty feet were part of the original concept. I am not averse to such a shot in the future featuring clean little piggies.

Jul 31, 2012 at 02:15 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

Seems like you are trying to make bad photographs and then passing off the bad mistakes as intent. If your intention is to make bad photographs, you are succeeding.

Jul 31, 2012 at 04:04 AM
drpeters
• •
p.1 #6 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

Dirty feet make a bad photograph? Can you be more constructive? You are the first to say it is a bad photo. I have been a bit surprised at just how overwhelmingly positive the feedback has been on this pic.

I had no intention of doing a foot shot until we started discussing photographing dirty vs clean feet and how shooting dirty feet would be seen as a no-no to people who are into feet. I'm not into feet.

Jul 31, 2012 at 04:12 AM
pachouvy
• •
p.1 #7 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

I like it. Would be better without the gaffer of course but overall I like it. Far from being a bad photograph!

Jul 31, 2012 at 08:33 AM
drpeters
• •
p.1 #8 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

I'll see if I can get more than 10 toes in the next attempt, sans tape!

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:38 PM
H1AlphaGuy
• • •
p.1 #9 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

+1, I like it as well.

Aug 03, 2012 at 01:37 AM

chiliman
• •
p.1 #10 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

The slightly dirty feet don't bother me a bit. That's what feet look like! More importantly, it is consistent with the story this photo tells. Model walks barefoot, stubs toe, receives improvised bandage. Body is beautiful anyway.

My critiques are that 1) the ankle bracelets compete for attention with the toe bandage, and 2) There's some weird orange shape around her forehead (orange hair), sticking out from an otherwise cool background.

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:15 PM
drpeters
• •
p.1 #11 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

Her hair has BRIGHT orange bangs. She put in the dye the night before, slept with it in and rinsed it out the next morning.

This model is herself, quite the story. I've never asked her to remove any jewelry and just shoot her as she comes. Sometimes she has makeup, sometimes not.

I think my background as a wedding photographer has shaped the way I shoot models. I go thru my usual mental pre-planning and visualizing but when the shoot happens I let it organically unfold and run its course, rather than attempt to force the situation to fit my vision. At a wedding, I have no choice but to get the best shot possible given the situation, which involves a lot more people than just me, which means I don't have full control of the situation at any given time. Hmmm... the word 'situation' really fit the bill here. heheheheh

Aug 03, 2012 at 06:35 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

Not working at all for me. The pose is super awkward - makes her look oddly deformed. I had to look twice before I realized that wasn't an out of focus butt crack under the feet. And the feet couldn't be more unattractive in their pose.

Aug 03, 2012 at 06:38 PM
drpeters
• •
p.1 #13 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

She was lying on the bed moving her feet around while having a conversation with her friend. I have 2 others but I liked this one the best.

After flipping through the three I think I found another one that I like quite a bit. The "bandage" is hidden and you can see the form of her backside, out of focus, behind her foot, so there is no mistaking butt-crack for leg shadow.

Firing up lightroom...

vV

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:17 PM
strobeau

p.1 #14 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

Though I would not consider myself a hardcore foot fetishist, to me, feet can be the sexiest part of a woman for sure. So many nice curves all in one place! And I like them clean or dirty Combine with nice shoes and you can go crazy

However, this one doesn't do it for me either, even though I also wouldn't call it a bad pic.
Maybe it's because it's neither clean nor real dirty...
Maybe it's the distortion... (probably some)
For sure, the forms don't attract me much here, but that's a matter of taste, angle, context and possible distortion.

As a tip: if the latter is the case, I could still somewhat like the feet when I see a cute face (but I realise this pose makes it kinda difficult) or teasing foot pose.

From what I've seen, they are a difficult subject to photograph and you have to catch them just right. That helps even when they're perfect and everyone may have their taste for different angles.

There's still enough women with nice curves all over their feet, but the best is when you see someone that doesn't have hammer toes from wearing high heels yet. You'd probably have to spot the quite young ones or women that seem to wear "stupid ugly common shoes" all the time. You would be surprised how glorious their feet can be!

If you think I *am* a foot fetishist, you should try and visit those sites. These guys are heavily into any and ugly feet, . It's there I realised I must not be one of them

A household name for photographing feet is Elmer Batters.
Ed Fox has a few books w DVDs, but they are generously bordering pr0n
www.taschen.com/pages/en/community/video/19997.ed_fox.htm

Anyway, good luck with it and keep 'em coming!
Who knows, it may become an acquired taste...
The same happened to me. The interest only started growing when ages ago someone in school said he found them sexy. I had never looked at them before!

Aug 04, 2012 at 05:13 AM
drpeters
• •
p.1 #15 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

I edited a second which may address foot angle concerns. I changed the post production a bit to emphasize the dirtiness.

Moar Feets

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:18 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #16 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

Nothing here to see, move along......If you're trying to create alternative edgy images, it's not working.

Aug 04, 2012 at 07:04 PM
drpeters
• •
p.1 #17 · Kara Chiffon (NSFWish)

I'm not sure what I was trying to create. I'm not surrounded by sycophants and the reaction to the first pic was strong so I set it loose.

Aug 04, 2012 at 07:47 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password