Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Weekend Soccer

dartheyeball
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Weekend Soccer

Just a few images from a soccer tourment I shot this weekend for one of my high school teams. Hopefully these look better than the last images I posted.

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:52 PM
PennsyBill
• • •
p.1 #2 · Weekend Soccer

#4 - Co-Ed teams at that age level?

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM
dartheyeball
• •
p.1 #3 · Weekend Soccer

Yes, there were mixed teams in the tourney.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Eric Smith
• •
p.1 #4 · Weekend Soccer

Watch your backgrounds. The parking lot in #2 made me immediately skip it; same to #6. #3 is fine, #5 is composed awkwardly; crop the mess from the top to the ball. As a matter of fact, all of these need to be cropped tighter. "Shoot tight, crop tighter." is a common expression in sports photography. Pass on #4 as you don't have a clean view of their faces. On the positive side, they're all sharp with good exposure and the action is stopped well.

Best,

Eric

Edited on Aug 02, 2012 at 12:52 AM · View previous versions

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Weekend Soccer

Good color and sharp. As Eric said... backgrounds. 7 and 8 are my faves. You have come a long way.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dartheyeball
• •
p.1 #6 · Weekend Soccer

Eric Smith wrote:
Watch your backgrounds. The parking lot in #2 made me immediately skip it; same to #8. #3 is fine, #5 is composed awkwardly; crop the mess from the top to the ball. As a matter of fact, all of these need to be cropped tighter. "Shoot tight, crop tighter." is a common expression in sports photography. Pass on #4 as you don't have a clean view of their faces. On the positive side, they're all sharp with good exposure and the action is stopped well.

Best,

Eric

I'll have to remember to crop tighter. I have been leaving a little space for when I upload to Zenfolio. I'll try to remember the backgrounds and image crops. Thanks for the advice.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM
dartheyeball
• •
p.1 #7 · Weekend Soccer

P Alesse wrote:
Good color and sharp. As Eric said... backgrounds. 7 and 8 are my faves. You have come a long way.

I remember my first shots. They were horrible. I'll try to be mindful of the backgrounds.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
CW100
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Weekend Soccer

good set

Aug 01, 2012 at 06:54 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Weekend Soccer

PennsyBill wrote:
#4 - Co-Ed teams at that age level?

It can happen.
In HS our JV team was actually coed, so 14-18 age bracket (since our school didn't have enough girls to form their own full team). It's no longer the case currently though.

And for informal leagues it's not at all that unheard of even for 18+, even today.

7,8 favs

Aug 01, 2012 at 07:17 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password