Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A few Questions about the Canon WFT devices...

omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · A few Questions about the Canon WFT devices...

Forgive my ignorance if some of these questions make you shake your head and wonder but.... that's why I'm asking:

I don't suppose there's any way to make the various Canon older WFT transmitters work on any bodies other than the specific ones they were marked for, correct? I assume that would take firmware on BOTH the camera body & the transmitter for that to work. So, besides using the 'correct' WFT transmitter for each camera body, is the only other option for setting up wireless transmission from a Canon camera to shoot tethered to a laptop? If so, do you still need to use the Canon software or how exactly would one go about doing that? Any other WFT options?

As always, all replies or sources of additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Omar

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:18 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #2 · A few Questions about the Canon WFT devices...

No one? Really?

Aug 01, 2012 at 02:50 AM
andyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · A few Questions about the Canon WFT devices...

I just got a 1D Mark III which came with a WFT. I haven't used it yet but it does attach only one way and the connectors have to be there. I don't see it being adapted to any other body it isn't made for.

Look up an Eye Fi card for wireless.

Aug 01, 2012 at 03:03 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · A few Questions about the Canon WFT devices...

Omar, this may help a little
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-10055-10851-10855

I'm pretty sure you can only use the wft that is designated for that camera model .

Aug 01, 2012 at 07:00 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password