Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Selling

aznmochamike

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Selling

Hi everyone... i've been doing landscape photography for fun and at work (non photography related) someone asked to buy my picture for her wall... I dont know how much to charge her or anything... i was thinking of doing a canvas wrap and i see that costco does it for about 100... how much more do you all typically charge if you do and dont mind giving me ideas... thanks =))

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:44 PM
parsons
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Selling

as much as i can get away with

Jul 30, 2012 at 04:49 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Selling

You will have better luck getting a detailed answer at pro forum - or just search their archive.
The price of print depends on your production costs. Since you take pictures for fun, then it will be just the cost of printing plus whatever you feel you deserve. In galleries, they normally multiply your expense by four, but again, galleries charge 50% commission.
I am not amazed by Costco canvas quality. They do not provide you with color profiles for canvas, and outsource printing to elsewhere.
Canvas on Demand does well with colors (and it is only $49 for 16x20 through Groupon) but their stretching is not consistently good.
Gallery Direct is another inexpensive place (if you search for their offers), quality is good and customer service is excellent.

Jul 30, 2012 at 07:37 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password