Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?
  
 
Bjorne
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


Where can I download user manual for 5D3 without the annoying "copy" watermark that shows up when printing? Downloading from Canons website have the watermark embedded when printing. I need the latest manual, date april 2012 I think.

bjorne



Jul 30, 2012 at 09:05 AM
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


You can't as far as I know.


Jul 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM
jotdeh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


You can try printing from Linux or maybe some open source PDF viewer will work. They might not honour this copy restriction and thus help you on this.


Jul 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Gochugogi
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


Yeah, I hate that too and I can't imagine why Canon is afraid of copyright infringement for a manual. It's terrible and nobody will want to steal their golden prose. The PDF is locked so you can't remove the watermark in Acrobat or Illustrator (well somebody can probably hack it). If it bothers you, scan the paper manual to PDF...


Jul 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Monito
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


Write to Canon, giving them your serial number, and ask them to please send you a printed copy of the new manual. It would be interesting to see if they give you a free one or ask for a payment.

Gochugogi wrote:
If it bothers you, scan the paper manual to PDF...


The OP wants the more recent revision than the paper manual he already has.



Jul 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Bjorne
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


I have asked Canon Norway, but they could not remove the "copy" watermark.... :-(

The thing is, I have an Danish user manual (no not Norwegian!), but I want an english manual in A4 size, and the only way is to print it out from an pdf-file.

I don't understand why the user manual not was on the software-CD with the camera?
I have paid thousands of dollars for the camera, and cant get an english manual on the CD for printing (in A4 size) without the watermark

bjorne, Norway



Jul 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM
scalesusa
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


There are pdf unlocker tools that remove password protection. Then you will have to remove the watermark as well (a separate process).


Jul 31, 2012 at 03:44 AM
Bjorne
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


scalesusa wrote:
There are pdf unlocker tools that remove password protection. Then you will have to remove the watermark as well (a separate process).



Thank you -



Jul 31, 2012 at 09:40 AM
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


I hadn't realised the pdf manual is different from the printed manual? I haven't come across any differences swapping between the two. The only time I saw major changes were when 5D III had the huge FW upgrade for video, so they released a supplement and then eventually integrated the changes into later manuals. Nothings changed on the 5D III has it?


Jul 31, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Monito
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


http://consumer.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii#BrochuresAndManuals

When you download the Instruction Manual, http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300007348/02/eos5dmkiii-im2-c-en.pdf the "im2" means Instruction Manual Rev 2. It says April 2012 on the last page.

The previous one had simply "im" in the filename. It said January 2012 on the last page.

Both of them have 404 pages.



Jul 31, 2012 at 11:05 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



UCSB
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


^^ The one currently available on Canon USA's 5DIII page does not have the 'copy' watermark on the pages ... it is a clean version without the watermark.


Jul 31, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Monito
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


UCSB wrote:
^^ The one currently available on Canon USA's 5DIII page does not have the 'copy' watermark on the pages ... it is a clean version without the watermark.


You have not tried printing it, have you? If you had or if you had read the thread, you would not have needed to post.

It prints with the watermark.





Jul 31, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Bjorne
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


Monito wrote:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii#BrochuresAndManuals

When you download the Instruction Manual, http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300007348/02/eos5dmkiii-im2-c-en.pdf the "im2" means Instruction Manual Rev 2. It says April 2012 on the last page.

The previous one had simply "im" in the filename. It said January 2012 on the last page.

Both of them have 404 pages.



By the way, I have the manual dated January 2012 without watermark, does anybody know the difference in the April-2012-manual?



Aug 01, 2012 at 07:00 AM
Ian.Dobinson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


Excuse my ignorance but does it really matter if a PDF manual you print out has the 'copy' watermaked on it . It's still easily readable .




Aug 01, 2012 at 07:05 AM
JakobT
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but does it really matter if a PDF manual you print out has the 'copy' watermaked on it . It's still easily readable .


Yes. Why else would the OP ask? It matters to him.

Some advice here.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1032&message=41126827
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-380798.html

According to one of the posters in the threads the UK version doesn't have COPY written all over it when printing. Haven't checked for my self. If it isn't the case then try the other approach mentioned in the threads.


Edited on Aug 01, 2012 at 07:28 AM · View previous versions



Aug 01, 2012 at 07:25 AM
stanj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


UCSB wrote:
^^ The one currently available on Canon USA's 5DIII page does not have the 'copy' watermark on the pages ... it is a clean version without the watermark.


Well maybe that changed in the last few hours, but what I just downloaded has a watermark.



Aug 01, 2012 at 07:28 AM
Ian.Dobinson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


JakobT wrote:
Yes. Why else would the OP ask? It matters to him.

.


Maybe im just anal enough . but as long as i can read it and it tells me how to operate the camera it could have NIKON watermarked on it for all i would care.

for all the cameras ive had since i got a smart phone ive downloaded the pdf's to the phone . really handy pocket manual they all have had the watermark



Aug 01, 2012 at 08:23 AM
Bjorne
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Maybe im just anal enough . but as long as i can read it and it tells me how to operate the camera it could have NIKON watermarked on it for all i would care.

for all the cameras ive had since i got a smart phone ive downloaded the pdf's to the phone . really handy pocket manual they all have had the watermark


I just want an english manual printed out in A4-size without the watermark - and yes - the watermark is annoying and distracting to me.



Aug 01, 2012 at 08:39 AM
JimboCin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/pdf-password-remover.htm


Aug 01, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Chumma
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 5D3 user manual without "copy" watermark?


JimboCin wrote:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/pdf-password-remover.htm


Is it legal and ethical to remove the watermark using a password cracker? I guess Canon put the watermark for a reason.

You could put a pdf version on your iphone. It is not exactly A4 size, but close.



Aug 01, 2012 at 01:30 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password