Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Friends and family

davidkbrown

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Friends and family

[long-time-lurker / first-time-poster]

Lauren | stella & dot by davidkbrown, on Flickr

Untitled by davidkbrown, on Flickr

Jul 30, 2012 at 03:55 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Friends and family

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Cute/pretty subjects of any age can make for visually interesting images.

I see potential in both faces.

I do like the expression shown in image #1.

I do not like the composition or pose (use of hand on neck looks like "sore neck").

My Simple Suggestion: Get the subject moving (see girl #2).

I hope you enjoy your time on this forum...and I hope these comments help you and perhaps stimulate others to post their comments to help you too.

My Suggestion: Keep learning. I try to learn something new each day, and photography is such a broad field that there is never an end to what one can learn or improve upon.

Jul 31, 2012 at 07:44 PM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Friends and family

#1 is far better that #2.

Better for the more interesting pose, better for lighting, better for some tension between the eyes and the red necklace thingy.

#2 is meh to me.

Aug 02, 2012 at 04:48 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #4 · Friends and family

The framing/composition on #1 doesn't work for me; it reminds me of someone that moved just as you were pressing the shutter. +1 on the comment regarding the hand placement. In #2, her posture needs to be more upright (think "stand tall"), and the skin tone looks a little red, particularly on her lower eyelids. Her left eye (camera right) looks bigger than the right eye. You could try having her turn her head and shoulders slightly to her left, which puts the smaller eye closer to the camera.

Nothing to do with your photography, but I'm not a fan of nose rings, lip rings, studs, and other facial piercings. They're distracting in photo's, and they don't look good (IMO) in person. I guess it's a generational thing that I can't understand. YMMV.

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:54 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Friends and family

1 - Nice light, but the expression leaves a lot to be desired...she looks wary of you and unsure.
2 - A bit static, and she appears to be hunched up. Consider cropping to a tighter headshot.

Aug 04, 2012 at 12:48 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password