Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · 5D Mk3s for sale

alfarmer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Does it seem to anyone else that there are a lot of used 5D Mk3's for sale? Just seems odd considering how new it is and all...

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Andy Keller
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I think a lot of people got them to cover the wait for the 1DX.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Tony B
• • •
p.1 #3 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Andy Keller wrote:

+1. Could not be happier with mine. I guess thet most sellers will be pros. Pros generally are able to absorb the cost of change. My personal view is that most waiting for a sub $3000 5DIII are amateurs as pros generally budget for gear updates & changes.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:27 AM
jstntym
• •
p.1 #4 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Andy Keller wrote:

+1...Had I purchased the 1D X I would have put the 5D MkIII up for sale. I sold my 5D MkII to aid in purchasing the III . Being an amateur/hobbyist I just really use one camera, and with whichever one I'd choose my hands would be quite full learning to get potential from it. I do have my powershot if I need a back-up in the event the camera needs any type of service. I would not rule out a future 1D X purchase, today I'm more than happy with what I have. It's great to see folks enjoying their 1D x's, looks to be a mighty fine camera!

Jul 30, 2012 at 01:42 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #5 · 5D Mk3s for sale

There are already a few 1DXs for sale in B&S, that was even more surprising to me.

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:00 AM
Jay Adeff
• •
p.1 #6 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I think there are hobbyists who are desperate to play with the latest new toys. They buy the cameras with their credit cards, play with them, then panic when they realize the financial commitment they've made. So, they sell it to pay down their credit card as much as they can. Sometimes they even make the purchase behind their spouse's back and then get in trouble and have to get rid of it.

I'm a working photographer but I still make do with a 5D and 1DMkII. The money I make goes to pay bills, not buy new toys that won't really make me a more talented photograper.

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:34 AM
Mike Mahoney
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Andy Keller wrote:

Anyone purchasing a 1DX probably has at least one 1 series body already in their bag .. to say that they need a 5D3 to "cover" the wait is giving the new 5D far, far too much credit. Their existing bodies were entirely capable of doing them until the 1DX arrived.

Sales of 5D3's are probably because of the inherent flaws in that bodies translucent VF .. many have issues with it.

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:42 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Some people continue to believe that if they purchase the "perfect" piece of photo gear they will miraculously be transformed into a great photographer and their images will look just brilliant.

They quickly find out that is not the case.

Then they sell the gear.

Then they switch brands.

Jul 30, 2012 at 04:14 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #9 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Tom K. wrote:
Some people continue to believe that if they purchase the "perfect" piece of photo gear they will miraculously be transformed into a great photographer and their images will look just brilliant.

They quickly find out that is not the case.

Then they sell the gear.

Then they switch brands.

Jul 30, 2012 at 04:19 AM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.1 #10 · 5D Mk3s for sale

A lot of people have the money to buy whatever they want. They can try and then decide it is not what they want. Therefore there are a numbers of 5DMK3 and D800 and D800Es for sale.

Jul 30, 2012 at 04:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

alfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #11 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Yes, I've noticed the 1Dx's as well. I don't have an issue with either selling, it's just interesting to see that many for sale already. If I had that kind of discretionary income, I'd probably decide if I liked the camera or not within 15 days so I could just return it to the store for a refund.

Jul 30, 2012 at 04:52 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · 5D Mk3s for sale

PLenty of people buy more than they can afford. That's the simple truth of it.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · 5D Mk3s for sale

jerrykur wrote:
A lot of people have the money to buy whatever they want. They can try and then decide it is not what they want. Therefore there are a numbers of 5DMK3 and D800 and D800Es for sale.

Likely.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #14 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I have had both 5d iii's and a 1dx for sale. There were some great deals out there combining flashes, lenses and 5d iii's.

It seems a lot of people bought those hoping to sell off the camera and keep a flash or lens for minimal cost.

the reason i sold that 5d iii was because i did in fact get a 1dx to use as my primary camera. the reason why i have a 1dx for sale as well, i preordered another one and it shipped and instead of sending it back i will just sell it to someone here. i still have two 5d iii's though, great camera even if you do pay $3500 for it.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Chriswong1973

p.1 #15 · 5D Mk3s for sale

vsg28 wrote:
There are already a few 1DXs for sale in B&S, that was even more surprising to me.

I think there were quite a few people who took the shotgun approach to pre ordering the 1DX. i had pre-orders with six vendors. they all eventually got them in. some stores charge you and ship right away. then you may end up with a couple of bodies...

-c

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #16 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Jay Adeff wrote:
I'm a working photographer but I still make do with a 5D and 1DMkII. The money I make goes to pay bills, not buy new toys that won't really make me a more talented photograper.

That's like saying a carpenter should not buy a power saw when he can save money by using a hand saw. In every kind of business you need to upgrade eventually.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #17 · 5D Mk3s for sale

John P Mulgrew wrote:
That's like saying a carpenter should not buy a power saw when he can save money by using a hand saw. In every kind of business you need to upgrade eventually.

It's nothing like that.

Maybe you're just trolling but the differences between a power saw and a hand saw are huge, the differences between a 5D and a 5D3 are not as great and not something that will make you more money in many professional uses.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Dennis M 1064
• •
p.1 #18 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I haven't seen a lot of 5DIIIs available at any significant savings. At least nothing in the 2,000s. I saved about $600 on mine that was one month old, had a grip and spare battery. The previous owner is a pro, and bought it on the spur of the moment. He sold it as he prefers to stick to upgrading to digital medium format.

I chose the 5D Mk III, because it is up to date. It is the most camera I can get inits class, and won't be supersceeded, or out dated anytime soon. That, and I've always been Canon oriented. I don't need to pay twice as much for a 1Dx for a few more FPS. This should be all of the camera I need for the next few years.

Paid Cash, Wife approved. No remorse.

John's right. Having been a Timberframer myself, that carpenter. . .would be an idiot.

D.

Jul 30, 2012 at 01:07 PM
Monito
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Some handsaws cost more than some power saws. There are some things that only a fool would use a power saw for.

Jul 30, 2012 at 01:20 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #20 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Chriswong1973 wrote:
I think there were quite a few people who took the shotgun approach to pre ordering the 1DX. i had pre-orders with six vendors. they all eventually got them in. some stores charge you and ship right away. then you may end up with a couple of bodies...

-c

This. Or they figured out the 5D III was good enough for them.

I absolutely love my 1D X. Shot a wedding with it on Saturday, it did amazingly well.

Jul 30, 2012 at 01:37 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password