Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · yongnuo flashes & triggers review

DmitriM
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · yongnuo flashes & triggers review

Well, I posted a few months back that I got a bunch.
Since then I was using them at every wedding.
They are nice and worth the money.

Triggers are awesome. I don't see how I'd need anything better than that. Not a pocketwiz/poppers fan...

One negative thing about flashes is that they don't rotate to the left fully as 580exII.Also, if you use 560 with Fong's Dong then flashe's head will wear out under the weight and you won't be able to keep it upright...yep

Jul 29, 2012 at 09:59 PM
whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.1 #2 · yongnuo flashes & triggers review

I use YN460iis. I have an arsenal of these things since I don't use ETTL. They work for both Canon and Nikon so both types of shooters can even trigger separately off the same system. Better than Pocketwizards IMO for how many you can have on a single system.

Jul 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM
LivLif
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · yongnuo flashes & triggers review

I'm loving mine. Before I was using three SB-900s. I would always be worried about someone knocking over a light stand and having to buy a new flash or pay a deductible to have insurance replace it. Now if it falls over I'm only out $60. I don't worry anymore and they work just as good. Not as fast of a recycle time, but they work well enough.

For triggers I'm using Strattos.

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:11 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

KibblesNbitz
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · yongnuo flashes & triggers review

+1 on the Yongnuo 560's, although I use the newer 560II version with the digital display.

Very reliable and I love the fact that they're dirt cheap. $60 for the regular version or $80 for the digital version. Like LivLif said, I don't have to worry about having one fall over on a light stand or dropping them, because worse comes to worst, they're not that expensive to replace.

I still use a SB-910 on camera, but for OCF, the Yongnuo's rock!

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:24 AM
whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.1 #5 · yongnuo flashes & triggers review

Oh, I also use all Yongnuo triggers and receivers. They have a hell of a range. I separate out signals if I'm running multiple cameras and locations during a shoot. The triggers are cheap too so total, I'm out $60 if anything happens to the lightstand, flash, and receivers. The receivers also double as remote triggers for cameras as well so I can take 3 angles all at the same time.

Jul 30, 2012 at 03:11 AM
swoop
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · yongnuo flashes & triggers review

I ended up selling my Vivitar 285H V 3 light kit for 3 YN560 II's. My favorite thing is that they are quiet. The 285HV had an annoying power whine. Also the controls being on the rear and illuminated is a lot more useful. Recycle time with my Lumedyne tinycycler is under 2 seconds. I trigger them with a set of microsyncs I have velcrod to the top.

Jul 30, 2012 at 04:00 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password