Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

tobicus
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

http://www.theonion.com/articles/horrible-couple-really-wants-wedding-to-reflect-th,28924/

Attendees will reportedly be expected to ride bicycles to the wedding venue in honor of the groom’s “lifelong love affair with cycling,” and all guests will receive a hand-decorated card indicating how much their carbon footprint has been reduced by doing so.

A not-very-far off Onion take on the DIY wedding culture (which I love, by the way).

Jul 29, 2012 at 01:55 PM
tylerdrumm

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

I too like the DIY wedding culture, and it appears to be quickly gaining steam among engaged couples.

You can always count on the Onion to provide funny content though. Rarely do they host anything that makes me yawn.

Jul 29, 2012 at 02:50 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

Oh yeah, very original wedding, sparklers and all. Yaawwnnn.

Jul 29, 2012 at 03:19 PM
camerausername
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

I'll be attending a wedding this year that features a bike ride and I'm really excited about it. I'm not sure why The Onion is disparaging cycling.

I wish they wrote something about using actual frames for pictures.

“And the save-the-date was a personalized YouTube video with Ross and Jessica both wearing fake mustaches.”

“I mean, Jesus Christ,” Emerson added.

hahahah

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:17 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

I'm staying home if attendance requires riding a bike.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM
WalnutPond
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

Reading that article makes me want to vomit. A microcosm of the "it's all about me" facebook generation.

Jul 30, 2012 at 07:16 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

the onion nails it once again.

Jul 30, 2012 at 07:58 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

Let's vote on which FM member will be hired for the photographs.

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:18 AM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

I remember the Onion doing an article a decade back on Harry Potter saying that the books were resulting in young children worshiping the devil.

It was very funny stuff except that my inbox was full of emails from pastors and christian friends sending out a link to the article as a warning about the damage the potter books were doing because they did not know the onion is a satirical site.

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:20 AM
Scott Clark
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Horrible Couple Really Wants Wedding To Reflect Their Personalities

I love the onion. I see their headlines on facebook, and half the time I don't even open them...the titles are enough to make me laugh.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.