Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · contact nikon if you have a left side AF problem

Guari
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · contact nikon if you have a left side AF problem

According to the NRumors, there may be a statement by Nikon in regards to the AF thing.

Not sure if true, but NR says that the repair advisory might not happen if not enough reports hit nikon HQ. So if your AF is troubling you, report it, even if you have no intention of sending it in..

more here

Jul 29, 2012 at 06:37 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · contact nikon if you have a left side AF problem

thats whacked, it shouldn't need to reach a certain number of cases, I guess it shouldn't be a problem since there are so many units sold though.

Jul 29, 2012 at 07:36 PM
patriot
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · contact nikon if you have a left side AF problem

IMHO, it's still Nikon's business how they want to handle this. If they prefer to keep it quite, by all means that's their choice.

However, choosing that path requires that they fix it ... fast ... before they cat gets out of the bag. Once that happens, they not only loose control, but lose honor as well because they chose to cover it up.

There are far too many reports of the left AF issue on boards like these as well by professional reviewers, like Thom Hogan. Even worse, the number of reports of people having to send in their cameras multiple times, each time getting it back in the same or worse than it was before, is growing.

That's no way to fix something quietly and make it go away. There is no excuse for returning a precision piece of gear not repaired, or with new problems. That is wasting large blocks of people's time, people who bought in to and rely on Nikon to keep that gear operational.

I sent mine in to Melville. It came back with the left AF looking better, but with a new and significant AF front focus. I was patient and understanding when I sent it in 3 weeks ago. A manufacturing defect can happen. 3 weeks is a lot of time to be without use of something due to the manufacturer's error, but I was willing to write that off. But to get it back with another problem that equally limits the usability of this $3,000 tool is beyond unacceptable. It's unimaginable. The technician responsible for QC on that repair demonstrated no pride, and dishonored everyone that works in the facility. He or she insulted the customer, and brought shame upon Nikon.

I'll wait to see how Melville management can try to explain such an error in QC.

Jul 30, 2012 at 01:13 AM
henrylw

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · contact nikon if you have a left side AF problem

patriot wrote:
...The technician responsible for QC on that repair demonstrated no pride, and dishonored everyone that works in the facility. He or she insulted the customer, and brought shame upon Nikon.

Exactly. My D800E came back from Nikon Canada (Mississauga) also with very bad front focus problem. 24mm on 24-70 and 14mm on 14-24 are now totally unusable. And I actually called them 4 times while my camera was still with them, expressed my concern of other focus points being pushed front focus after they worked on back focused left focus point. I begged them to check center focus point before delivery. Guess what, it came out just as I worried, and much worse. I really feel insulted.

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:09 AM
ash4390
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · contact nikon if you have a left side AF problem

How do repairs work if I purchased my camera in the states but I live in Canada? Do I have to take it to a Nikon USA center for warranty work?

Jul 30, 2012 at 06:34 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password