Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

jnmimages

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement foot assembly for my 430 ex II? It took a tumble and didn't take it too well. Thanks.

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM
jnmimages

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Here is the result of the fall.

Well I tried paste the link to the picture, but it wouldn't allow it. Sorry.

Edited on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM · View previous versions

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

You can try buying it from US Camera or you can buy the part(s) direct from Canon as well.

HTH,
Omar

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

jnmimages wrote:
Here is the result of the fall.

Well I tried paste the link to the picture, but it wouldn't allow it. Sorry.

BTW, where is the pic hosted at? A link to the pic should work.

Omar

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM
jnmimages

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Broken Hot Shoe from Picassa

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM
jnmimages

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

I googled and I can't find any reviews for USCamera. Are they a good company to deal with? I know there are certain 3rd party repair facilities our there that are good companies to work with, but I didn't know any of their names.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM
jnmimages

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Thank you Omar for the suggestion.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

jnmimages wrote:
I googled and I can't find any reviews for USCamera. Are they a good company to deal with? I know there are certain 3rd party repair facilities our there that are good companies to work with, but I didn't know any of their names.

I purchased a few things from 'em a few years ago but nothing recently. I have heard others recommend them but I have no recent experience to tell you. Canon USA will also sell parts direct too.

Omar

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Cicopo
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Can't help re a parts source but I may know why you couldn't post your image here. Fred solved the problem for me & it's the fact Picasa has secured our photos. Try again & note that it should begin with http, NOT https. Delete the S and it should work.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:32 AM
jnmimages

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Thanks Cicopo for the tip on posting. I will have to give it a try next time around.

Omar, I am thinking based on previous experience with Canon service that I would save some money if USCamera is reliable. I will wait until Monday to do my shopping so I can call Canon service first to see their price.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM
jnmimages

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Thanks again for the suggestions. I called Canon service and they were about $10 cheaper than the place listed above. I have the part ordered and should be able to fix it myself in 5 to 7 days.

Thanks again.

Jul 30, 2012 at 06:18 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

jnmimages wrote:
Thanks again for the suggestions. I called Canon service and they were about $10 cheaper than the place listed above. I have the part ordered and should be able to fix it myself in 5 to 7 days.

Thanks again.

Good to hear!

Also, a little additional info: I don't think you should have the following issue since you should be receiving a complete assembled foot but just FYI, if you have to disassemble the part with the spring loaded contact pins, be VERY CAREFUL...they will pop out if you're not careful and you'll end up on your knees looking for some really tiny springs in your carpet (don't ask me how I know this!)

Omar

Jul 30, 2012 at 06:25 PM
jnmimages

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

omarlyn wrote:
Good to hear!

Also, a little additional info: I don't think you should have the following issue since you should be receiving a complete assembled foot but just FYI, if you have to disassemble the part with the spring loaded contact pins, be VERY CAREFUL...they will pop out if you're not careful and you'll end up on your knees looking for some really tiny springs in your carpet (don't ask me how I know this!)

Omar

I won't question your knowledge . I believe that spring has already sprung however. Pretty much everything that could have popped loose did, so I believe all that is needed is to remove some screws, plug in a plug, and screw back in. Hopefully should be pretty cut and dry.

Jul 31, 2012 at 03:41 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password