Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Genesee River Upper Falls

morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Genesee River Upper Falls

http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/~maltman/072112DSC_9635.jpg

D200 + 24-85 macro @ 24mm, ISO 100, 6/10, f22

http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/~maltman/072112DSC_9638BW.jpg

D200 + 24-85 macro @ 56mm, ISO 100, 6/10, f25

http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/~maltman/072112DSC_9643BW.jpg

D200 + 24-85 macro @ 85mm, ISO 100, 6/10, f25

Letchworth State Park, New York is the home to three beautiful waterfalls on the Gennesse River. The gorge trail is very easy with a few moderate spots where there are lots of stone stairs. This would be one of the best hiking trails in the north east if not for the road that parallels the trail which brings in many non-hikers that break the tranquility. Each of the three falls are unique in their own way and quite beautiful. The gorge also includes Inspiration Falls where a small creak enters from the side and is the tallest water fall in the North East US at 350 feet. We saw the creek yet the falls are a dribble over the side. If you are ever in the area itís worth the stop to see these stunners.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Ps. Iím aware the last image has a touch of vertical drift that was caused by the constant flow of people moving the shale my tripod was on. I posted the photos as itís still quite pretty even motion softened.

Jul 28, 2012 at 03:55 PM
traveler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Genesee River Upper Falls

Few people (and almost certainly no one here on this board) are MORE familiar with that exact spot. I've had photos taken of that spot when I was perhaps 5 (so we're talkin around 1958) and just about every year afterward till I was around 20. My dad grew up in Mt. Morris (the town at the North end of that river where the dam is) and I have countless memories of both the park and the area in general. That exact spot you were in I believe was on the property where there was the Glen Iris Inn, a very wonderful little restaurant and lodge area with that view. I was young enough to barely still see an occasional train still on that trestle. The line was discontinued many many years ago (The Buffalo, Erie and Lackawanna I believe). Just south of there the line continued to Dansville through Groveland Station, another very photographic spot if you're nostalgic. You brought back a LOT of memories bro. Thanks for sharing..

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Genesee River Upper Falls

Excellent individual images, Morris.
And (IMO) presented as a group in the order here really adds to the viewing pleasure (I like stories ).
Nice work.
Charlie

Jul 29, 2012 at 03:11 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Genesee River Upper Falls

traveler wrote:
Few people (and almost certainly no one here on this board) are MORE familiar with that exact spot. I've had photos taken of that spot when I was perhaps 5 (so we're talkin around 1958) and just about every year afterward till I was around 20. My dad grew up in Mt. Morris (the town at the North end of that river where the dam is) and I have countless memories of both the park and the area in general. That exact spot you were in I believe was on the property where there was the Glen Iris Inn, a
...Show more

Iím glad Iíve kindled some memories Lee. The Glen Iris Inn is on the side of the middle falls. I posted some photos of them a few days ago though there tight shots capturing interesting parts of the cascade. I plan to post more of all three falls.

Morris

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Genesee River Upper Falls

Charlie Shugart wrote:
Excellent individual images, Morris.
And (IMO) presented as a group in the order here really adds to the viewing pleasure (I like stories ).
Nice work.
Charlie

Thank you Charlie,

I pay attention to posting order :-}

Morris

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:17 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password