Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · OM-D Batteries

Hrow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OM-D Batteries

It's been 5 weeks since the last post concerning 3rd party batteries for the Olympus OM-D and I am wondering if anyone has gained any new experience or has a specific recommendation since the OEM batteries still seem to be out of stock everywhere in the world. Going to the UK after the Olympic frenzy dies down and having but one battery seems like a truly terrible idea so suggestions are appreciated.

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:09 PM
cputeq
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OM-D Batteries

I will probably break down and buy http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSTE-2PCS-1450mAh-BLN-1-BLN1-Battery-DC133-Charger-for-Olympus-OM-D-E-M5-EM5-/170836607693?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item27c6a7c2cd

I have a wedding to shoot in Sept and will need batteries. Hopefully supply will be good for Oly batteries by then.

These batteries actually display level in camera, supposedly.

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:24 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OM-D Batteries

I believe most people are buying and using generic batteries. I bought a set of 4 batteries rated at 1999 mAh + cordless charger + car charger for only $34 shipped. Works perfectly ... but I don't recommend that you use the generic battery for the battery holder. The ones that I got fits perfectly in the camera but is a little tight in the battery grip - so it wouldn't pop up and I had to use a mini screwdriver to slowly pry it out. Use the OEM battery for the grip.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=om-d+e-m5+battery+1999+mah&_sacat=0&_odkw=om-d+e-m5+battery&_osacat=0&_from=R40

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:31 PM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OM-D Batteries

Anybody see a charger that can handle multiple batteries at once?

Jul 28, 2012 at 02:06 PM
tmark
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OM-D Batteries

It's of no help now, but a while ago I posted a similar question. I happened to be in NYC and although every major retailer in the North America did not seem to have received as much as a single shipment, including B&H, the third time I was in the latter they happened to have just got some in stock and I snagged one.

The camera seems to last more than twice as long with two batteries (one in the grip). Not sure why.

Jul 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OM-D Batteries

Looking for batteries and other OM-D items ? Dans Camera City, as of 2PM, today, 7/31/12 has:
14 batteries
4 kits
4 bodies

I have no idea of colors, lenses, etc.

danscameracity.com
Phone - 610-434-2313
Good Luck
Harry Palmer

Jul 31, 2012 at 06:48 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OM-D Batteries

I broke down and ordered the Wasabi 2 battery kit on Amazon. Got good reviews and some people are even reporting that these batteries work with the battery status icon, though the description says they won't. I will probably use the main battery most of the time, but the generics will be useful to bring on long shooting days.

Jul 31, 2012 at 06:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · OM-D Batteries

Jman13 wrote:
I broke down and ordered the Wasabi 2 battery kit on Amazon. Got good reviews and some people are even reporting that these batteries work with the battery status icon, though the description says they won't. I will probably use the main battery most of the time, but the generics will be useful to bring on long shooting days.

Please let us know how they work.

We're going to be doing some traveling in Europe and getting to our lodging late. I can easily see going thru a two or three batteries during the day but am having a harder time seeing how to survive my wife's wrath at having to get up every 3 hours to swap batteries in the charger. Also can't imagine her reaction to me bringing three chargers with me. Realistically, if I have to do that I might as well bring the D800 instead - less cumbersome and maybe even less space required when you factor in the cords.

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:28 PM
michaelnel
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · OM-D Batteries

Jman13 wrote:

I ordered that same kit this morning on Amazon. I do have a Wasabi battery for my GX1 and it seems to work fine. My OM-D should be here tomorrow.

Aug 01, 2012 at 02:34 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · OM-D Batteries

I finally got TWO extra oem ones. At $60 these are just as much as I paid for full frame DSLR batteries, ugh.

I'm counting on that this new battery will also be resued in future Olys.

Aug 01, 2012 at 02:43 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · OM-D Batteries

I ordered two Oly EM-5 batteries from B & H in April. They have finally shipped and should arrive tomorrow.

Chuck

Aug 01, 2012 at 04:46 PM
Sagar
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · OM-D Batteries

CameraLandNY has genuine batteries in stock I just ordered.

You need to call for placing battery orders. They are genuine Olympus Dealer and many folks at mu-43.com had bought OMDs from them

http://cameralandny.com/

Aug 01, 2012 at 04:55 PM
CalW
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · OM-D Batteries

Genuine batteries are in stock at J&R at 8pm EST on Fri 8/3. I bought one, even though I don't have the camera to put it in yet Silver no-lens kits were in stock briefly as well, but as BHPhoto was closed, I couldn't cancel my order there so I passed. Amazon had them as well. If J&R and Amazon are receiving them one would think BHPhoto should be as well, so I'm hangin' in there

Aug 04, 2012 at 12:05 AM
James10013
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · OM-D Batteries

H and B Digital (http://www.handbdigital.com) in NY has the OEM batteries in stock and they are selling for $49.00! I was also able to pick up the battery holder from them today. They seem to be one of the only retailers in NYC with the holder in stock.

Aug 04, 2012 at 12:51 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password