New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Tentrocks

earthallen
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tentrocks

Thinking about entering this for the monthly (monuments and sculptures). Thoughts appreciated.

Dana

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/561071_445083945514684_1187597068_n.jpg

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:28 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tentrocks

The composition begs, "what's the subject?" The foreground highlights are blown or edging on blown. The human subjects are tiny and moderately well hidden. The closest subjects feet are on the edge or slightly nipped by the lower edge of the frame. The image looks gritty and over processed, especially the mottled sky.

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:47 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tentrocks

+1 @ Karen.

From the title, I can see the interesting aspect of the center peak and that's kinda cool.

Going forward, maybe a crop that switches to a portrait or square orientation. and some selective reprocessing to try and draw your viewer where you want them to look and what you want to allow them to see.

Jul 28, 2012 at 08:57 AM
earthallen
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tentrocks

Thanks for the help, I'm not much of a landscape guy, but liked the starting point, and I'm brand new to photoshop.

I greatly appreciate your help and input. I'll try to rework and post again. Most of the grain is from compression, blown out is from processing.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tentrocks

My eye gets pulled too many directions to the point of not wanting to dwell on any focal point.

The most interesting pattern in this one is how unusually pointy peak in that mimics the ^ shape of the pine tree in the foreground. The people give them scale.

My advise is to isolate the peak as the focal point because it's unusual. I'd suggest taking RustyBug's crop and cropping it in from the right in enough to eliminate the branch hanging out on the right. In other words use the ^ shaped tree to frame the ^ shaped rock as the focal point between the rock face on the left and similar angle of the tree on the right.

The unfortunate flaw is chopping off the feet of the person in the foreground.

Jul 29, 2012 at 05:26 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.