Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · watching her bird fly away

derry1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · watching her bird fly away

I was at a Humming Bird leg banding today and after the birds had the band installed people from the audience could hold the bird and then release,,

this young girl was so excited and when the bird flew out of her hand her arms went overhead and she had the biggest smile watching the bird fly up to the sky,,

Derry

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:20 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · watching her bird fly away

Great timing, can really see the delight in her eyes. I might crop off her knuckles and the ping Balloon just behind her head, but that might be a little to much nit-picking.
Douglas

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · watching her bird fly away

Howdy,

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

I enjoy seeing photos showing expression, and kids can be good sources of that.

But, in this case, I think "the shot" would have been something that showed her WITH the bird in hand.

As the above image is closely cropped (framed) and only shows a face, it does not show the scene, the reason for expression or the specialness of having a bird in hand.

Also, facial expressions are subject to interpretation (something I encouraged for two years on this forum as part of my Your Impressions series), and it is interesting to see how the same expression can have different impressions.

For example, this image and the expression it shows could also be one interpreted as "fright" as it appears she is shielding her face/head and may be frightened of something or someone above her.

Hope these comments help you.

Jul 28, 2012 at 05:32 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password