Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Teshawna

eSchwab
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Teshawna

As always, critiques appreciated. Comments welcomed.

Jul 27, 2012 at 07:36 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Teshawna

Howdy.

I am writing because I noticed your photo post has had 412 views and NO comments were posted, despite all those views.

I know that can be disappointing (and unhelpful, since you asked for comments and critique).

So, I will post a few comments in order to help.

My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

You posted three photos.

The only one I like is #2.

It shows her figure and face well. Good job on that one.

The first image (#1) looks like it was made by another photographer (as it is so unlike the other two). That is not a compliment. In fact, it looks like a bad photo of a "bad girl" in a bad prison set. In short, the framing, expression, posing, and use of the set (cheesy painted background with prison bars) make that shot look like something made for a cover of a cheap video of "bad girls in prison." And, not a good video cover at that.

The second image shows good use of posing, lighting etc.

The third image looks better than the #1 image, but if fails in showing her face and her facial beauty at all. It reminded me of a bad photo of Michael Jackson.

On the other hand, if the image intent (unknown as you did not state any in your photo post intro, something I suggest) was to show a woman looking at her hand (for some unknown reason), then it accomplished that. But, if the focus is to be her fingernails on her right hand, it appears they are not in focus (hard to tell in this posted photo). The hair looks like a mess. The light and shadows on the locked knee (??) leg does not look good. In other words, if the intent was to show her legs, I think this is a poor photo with a poor lighting and angle on the legs.

In short, I suggest posting the INTENT (goal) of a photo, if you wish it to be critiqued for meeting or failing to meet its intended purpose.

I hope these comments help you and perhaps they will stimulate others to help you too (or at least to post comments for you).

Jul 28, 2012 at 05:21 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Teshawna

1 and 2 aren't bad for mood images, but I do not like the crop on 3. We've been shown none where the subject is making eye contact with the cam, which makes it hard to connect to her.

Jul 31, 2012 at 03:33 AM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Teshawna

I would like to offer some opinions on the photos:

#1 - I like it. Not big on the big gray thing sticking up out of her head. But I like the setting, the lighting, and her gaze.

#2 - Looks like kind of a fashion-style, catalogue shot. She is cute as are her clothes, and your photo shows it. Nice job.

#3 - Kind of wishing her legs weren't chopped in this one, but you nailed the exposure. Wish I could see more of her face in the mix of all the hair.

Edited by Fred Miranda on Aug 01, 2012 at 04:17 PM

Aug 01, 2012 at 04:17 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password