Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Pho...

Widgic
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

Interesting article on what Steeter Lecka will take with him to shoot the Olympics:

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2012/07/what-i-brought-getty-photographer-streeter-leckas-olympic-camera-kit

Denis
www.widgic.com

Jul 27, 2012 at 04:45 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

Very nice! I wish him all the best carrying the 1DX + 400mm prime

What bag is that, anyone know?

Jul 27, 2012 at 05:39 PM
Nozzleforward
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

One of the Think Tank Airport bags I think (not sure which model though), can't tell if it's a backpack or rolling bag. With that much stuff, I think I'd want a rolling bag!

Jul 27, 2012 at 05:56 PM
bboowwyy

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

I found it interesting he chooses to use the 70-200 f/4 over the f/2.8 for work where available light is no issue.

Jul 28, 2012 at 08:41 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

He has his monster 400 f/2.8 with him all the time. I would also choose the lighter f/4 any day given these circumstances.

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

the f/4 is a second 70-200. he has the 2.8 IS II. The f/4 makes a great remote, and until the IS II, was the sharpest 70-200 Canon made. Before they went Nikon, I regularly saw SI guys on the football fields with the f/4. When I asked why, they said because it was razor sharp. Now, it's lighter weight means it can still be a remote. Most remotes are set at a larger DOF to capture a bigger sweet spot, so the minimum aperture isn't an issue.

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

There's too much of a fetish out there with 2.8 glass disregarding the great line of f/4 lenses. Since obtaining a 24-120/4, I haven't had a need for the 24-70/2.8

Jul 28, 2012 at 08:43 PM
Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

Shiz and Paul - great points about the F4's... I've got my 2.8 nose in the air as well and could learn to lower it some

Jul 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

and cool article, thanks for linking Widgic!

Jul 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Royraiden
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

He stated that he carries both the f2.8 and f4 versions.The IS II 2.8 for the night and indoors and the F4 for the outdoor events during the day.

Aug 05, 2012 at 12:41 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Shooting The Olympics: Inside The Camera Bag Of Getty Photographer Streeter Lecka

Widgic wrote:
Interesting article on what Steeter Lecka will take with him to shoot the Olympics:

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2012/07/what-i-brought-getty-photographer-streeter-leckas-olympic-camera-kit

Denis
www.widgic.com

I'd be willing to trade bags

Aug 05, 2012 at 11:36 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password