New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Dave

deinfaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dave

Dave was captain of a small ferry, taking us to a restaurant on an island. Upon return, he allowed me this photograph.

Bob
http://www.deinfaces.com/

Jul 27, 2012 at 06:22 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dave

I like this shot, however either the vignetting or something about the shadow is throwing me off on the right side along his hair.

Jul 27, 2012 at 06:32 AM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dave

Thanks for looking and commenting. Yeah, this shot was taken in the boat and the background is a bit busy.

Jul 27, 2012 at 07:14 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dave

Hi,

My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

I have read about your preference for unusual framing and closeup. That is your chosen style.

I have enjoyed seeing most of your posted photos (I have seen lately, have not been on FM much this past year or two).

But, this one appears different (not as good as earlier photos).

Why?

At a glance it appears "squashed" as if his face is pressed up against a plane of glass (picture plane).

Reason?

Probably has to do with the framing, editing, lighting, and lack of depth in the scene/image (which is related to the closeup and the vignette, etc.).

I hope these comments help you.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dave

Thanks for looking and commenting. I'll have to put this up with some of the others to try to see what's different. The PP is almost always the same.
Bob

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.