Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       4       end
  

Archive 2012 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?
  
 
thinkpadfans
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-NEW-/150811558362?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item231d11c1da

why is it priced so low Seems legit. Anyone enlighten me?

He says USA model, lying?

How can a non-dealer get so many high end camera stock??



Jul 27, 2012 at 04:01 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


Your guess is as good as mine. After PayPal fee and eBay fee, how much does he net? $2,800.00 or so, if that? The cashback alone to the buyer is $68 or so. The seller seems to be very motivated and wouldn't mind making a little less. I have never bought anything from that seller, BTW.


Jul 27, 2012 at 04:34 AM
Rickuz
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


Top rated seller with 99.9% Positive feedback.

Maybe the 0.1% negative feedback is from 5D3 buyers?



Jul 27, 2012 at 04:38 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


Just because it is a USA model, does that necessarily mean it has a USA warranty? Do products need to be purchased from an authorized dealer or does that matter?

EBH



Jul 27, 2012 at 04:41 AM
Hutch
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


When it seems to good to be true I always check them out on http://www.resellerratings.com. They have them 9.8/10 and 5 star rating.


Jul 27, 2012 at 04:42 AM
mttran
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


Even better deal here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1132997


Jul 27, 2012 at 04:43 AM
thinkpadfans
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


mttran wrote:
Even better deal here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1132997


I've got a deal from beachcamera before, they sell really low. I bought 3 for friends overseas, but the trip cancelled and I resold all of them here.

the price is about 3k for bodies. I am just wondering how the big resellers get so many low price bodies.



Jul 27, 2012 at 04:46 AM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


What do you care how they sell at that price? It is called marketing. They bought the camera with the kit lens, and are now re-selling it without the lens.

Ask them.



Jul 27, 2012 at 05:00 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


It looks like they pull the 24-105 from that kit. If the kit is only ~$600 more than the body, they can reduce the price of each somewhat when sold separately.

EBH



Jul 27, 2012 at 05:01 AM
mttran
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


Don't forget electronic markup is around 1.3 to 1.6 nowaday


Jul 27, 2012 at 05:01 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



omarlyn
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


thinkpadfans wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-NEW-/150811558362?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item231d11c1da

why is it priced so low Seems legit. Anyone enlighten me?

He says USA model, lying?

How can a non-dealer get so many high end camera stock??


Never heard of them...can't answer your questions but I'll add this: unless 'getitdigital' goes by some other corporate name, they are NOT on Canon USA's list of authorized dealers that was last updated July 2nd.
(LINK)

HTH,
Omar



Jul 27, 2012 at 05:05 AM
skibum5
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


It says they are split kits, so maybe they made enough on selling the 24-105 to sell the body a bit cheaper?

Even J&R already had the 5D3 $130 off weeks and weeks ago. This does seem a little low but



Jul 27, 2012 at 05:22 AM
slee915
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


Bought one from them 1 month ago for $3150 at ebay. 2% rebate from my CC and $100 ebay bucks to spend on other crap. Pretty good deal and the camera works perfectly.


Jul 27, 2012 at 06:03 AM
thinkpadfans
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


slee915 wrote:
Bought one from them 1 month ago for $3150 at ebay. 2% rebate from my CC and $100 ebay bucks to spend on other crap. Pretty good deal and the camera works perfectly.



do you know if it comes with US warranty?



Jul 27, 2012 at 07:59 PM
rtallent
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


No trick. I bought one from them on July 5 (arrived by FedEx on July 7, by the way, no shipping charge). US warranty, brand new, etc. etc. exactly as described. No hidden fees or anything like that. I couldn't be happier with this transaction.


Jul 27, 2012 at 08:03 PM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


Earning less each body but selling more?



Jul 27, 2012 at 08:13 PM
thinkpadfans
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


rtallent wrote:
No trick. I bought one from them on July 5 (arrived by FedEx on July 7, by the way, no shipping charge). US warranty, brand new, etc. etc. exactly as described. No hidden fees or anything like that. I couldn't be happier with this transaction.



glad to know.



Jul 28, 2012 at 04:01 AM
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


omarlyn wrote:
Never heard of them...can't answer your questions but I'll add this: unless 'getitdigital' goes by some other corporate name, they are NOT on Canon USA's list of authorized dealers that was last updated July 2nd.
(LINK)

HTH,
Omar


And if he don't get the camera from Canon USA, then it's a gray market item. And you can't leave it to Canon USA for warranty repair. You have to leave it to the seller so he fix it



Jul 28, 2012 at 05:56 AM
bubevski
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


I deal with a guy here in Australia who imports Canon & Nikon all grey. 5D3 delivered $2800, but warranty must go back to his supplier in Hong Kong


Jul 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · 5D mark III @3k, what is the trick of this seller?


bubevski wrote:
I deal with a guy here in Australia who imports Canon & Nikon all grey. 5D3 delivered $2800, but warranty must go back to his supplier in Hong Kong


Yes that's the normal way with grey market. Only when you buy grey market at big shops like B&H or similar they take care of it for you.
As long as the seller is honest with it it's ok for me



Jul 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1
       2       3       4       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       4       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password