Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Mountain lion playing nice with others?

hidden_Markov
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Mountain lion playing nice with others?

See its been released, While getting install horror stories elsewhere (not a ding, I got personal stories from sun, M$, ubuntu, etc...) not seeing much the day after for software apps. With an eye to PP software what I have in mind and why here seems to be a good place to ask.

So any kudos or groans (looking for both) for any early ML adopters and PP apps? Looking for aperture, nik software for aperture (all plugins) and ptlens personally

Would be interested in the other PP stuff as well to be of use the community in general. Still fire up LR for one or to 2 issues the aperture skills aren't up to par to fix yet.

Jul 27, 2012 at 01:14 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Mountain lion playing nice with others?

Based on experience with Macs starting in '87 my suggestion would be to wait a month or so for the first maintenance release for the bugs and incompatibilites to get sorted out before upgrading. Less headbanging that way.

I'm still using Snow Leopard because there wasn't any compelling reason to upgrade to Lion on my 2006 iMac. Now there's no option for for me to upgrade since ML won't run on my machine and Apple pulled Lion from the app store. But that's not a showstopper since I now do just about everything except editing photos in CS5 on my iPad.

Jul 27, 2012 at 01:37 AM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #3 · Mountain lion playing nice with others?

Depends what you're using. The standard industry apps—Photoshop, Aperture, Lightroom, Capture One—all either work fine or have already had compatibility updates. Plugins should be fine.

Canon's stuff mostly works, though depending on your particular versions it may either refuse to install or refuse to run.

Haven't tried PTLens.

Jul 27, 2012 at 01:40 AM
tomrock
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Mountain lion playing nice with others?

Here's an App Compatibility Table http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password