Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

Loren E
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

So I have been holding out on buying a tokina 11-16 because I knew there was the version 2 on its way, which was supposed to be a bit more expensive. I checked Nikonrumors yesterday and they had an amazon link, and there was a used version II of this lens available from an independent recently launched seller in Singapore...but the price was $499! This is cheaper than I have seen the version 1 sell for on this board. I contemplated for half an hour, thinking the Amazon return policy is great if there is a problem, but shipping back to Singapore might still be expensive. When I went to put it in my cart it was nabbed by someone else.

Would you have jumped on this super low price for a lens in high demand or stayed away because it was from a seller with no feedback from a foreign country?

Jul 26, 2012 at 04:23 PM
tuanv1980
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

Why buy if you have any doubts.

Jul 26, 2012 at 04:32 PM
Loren E
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

Why do anything in life if you have any doubts?....

....to get a great deal on a lens that will be hard to find of course

Jul 26, 2012 at 07:56 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

Maybe it is in reality the version 1, then what?

EBH

Jul 26, 2012 at 09:06 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

EB-1 wrote:
Maybe it is in reality the version 1, then what?

EBH

My thoughts exactly!! I would try and avoid buying lenses from out of the US stores.

Jul 26, 2012 at 09:54 PM
Dudewithoutape
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

How can there be a used lens when its not even sold new? I think that answers your question.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Loren E
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

Dudewithoutape wrote:
How can there be a used lens when its not even sold new? I think that answers your question.

It is just now being sold new in the US, but it has been available in Asia for months now, so it does make sense that an asian seller would have a used copy of the lens.

Jul 27, 2012 at 02:23 AM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

"Buying Used International Lens on Amazon? "

only if I can pay with a third party out of state check

Jul 27, 2012 at 03:36 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

I've never bought used camera gear through Amazon. Do they offer anything in the way of buyer protection, or are you completely on your own? If the answer is no, I'd suggest waiting until you can find what you want from a reputable seller in whom you have confidence. Since you've been waiting for this lens, waiting a little longer doesn't seem like a terrible hardship, especially when you live in Marin...

Hi neighbor...

Jul 27, 2012 at 04:03 PM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

Run far, run fast...

Jul 27, 2012 at 05:41 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

Loren E wrote:
It is just now being sold new in the US, but it has been available in Asia for months now, so it does make sense that an asian seller would have a used copy of the lens.

The lens was so good that the buyer just had to get rid of it after a couple of months?
Why not look at the 10-24 Nikkor instead?

EBH

Jul 27, 2012 at 08:22 PM
davidnholtjr
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Buying Used International Lens on Amazon?

Loren E wrote:
So I have been holding out on buying a tokina 11-16 because I knew there was the version 2 on its way, which was supposed to be a bit more expensive. I checked Nikonrumors yesterday and they had an amazon link, and there was a used version II of this lens available from an independent recently launched seller in Singapore...but the price was $499! This is cheaper than I have seen the version 1 sell for on this board. I contemplated for half an hour, thinking the Amazon return policy is great if there is a problem, but shipping
...Show more

Not sure what camera body your have, but the version 2 only adds a focus motor. If you don't need the focus motor then just get the cheaper version 1.

Jul 28, 2012 at 07:18 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.