Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · OSX Mountain Lion

Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OSX Mountain Lion

Anyone upgrade to Mountain Lion yet? Any reason to wait?

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:13 AM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OSX Mountain Lion

I would also love to know. Any one upgrade with Aperture 3 and CS6?

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:14 AM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OSX Mountain Lion

I've upgraded. I like it so far. AirPlay mirroring is cool and I havent noticed any slowdown in LR4. Couple cool new features that sync with iOS.

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:30 AM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OSX Mountain Lion

I upgraded, BUT, i upgraded from Snow Leopard, so it's tough for me to tell which features are totally NEW, or just carry over's from Lion....( Aside from Messages integration, which is awesome....i use it all the time...)

...I was worried about CS5 not working properly, as RoaringApps.com shows that InDesign CS5 has issues in 10.8, but i haven't encountered that yet....PS works fine, no crashes, and everything saves properly....ID as well.....havent used illustrator for anything since the upgrade.....Just opened up an EPS of my logo, it opens, edits, and saves out just fine.....Everything seems a little faster, little processes, not anything processor intensive....

The MAIN reason i switched was b/c i wanted to use the Aperture 3.3 update....mainly for that iPhoto unified library feature....and i had to have at least 10.7 for it to work...so as soon as i got 10.8 installed i went and updated Aperture, and it works awesome.....

cant answer the CS6 question....but RoaringApps shows PS, ID, and IL CS6 all work fine in 10.8.....

hope that helps....

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:58 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OSX Mountain Lion

I know Ari did and he hasn't posted any issues yet

Jul 26, 2012 at 09:56 AM
ryan21
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OSX Mountain Lion

I have upgraded and CS5 is working fine. Aperture 3.3 is fine and there haven't been any glitches on my workstation. Airplay mirror is awesome for laptop users who want to show off stuff to customers... but most of all I love documents in the cloud, messages and notification center.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Kegan Shattuck
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OSX Mountain Lion

Upgraded...LR 4 Slowed down on first use. Seems to be fine now. Also, calibration profiles for my monitor are all out of wack.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · OSX Mountain Lion

Kegan Shattuck wrote:
Upgraded...LR 4 Slowed down on first use. Seems to be fine now. Also, calibration profiles for my monitor are all out of wack.

Yeah my iMac went back to max brightness, and reset to the default display profile...took about 30 sec to fix...just turned the brightness down, and selected the last color profile i was using..same with my dell ultrasharp 2nd display.., except the brightness on it wasnt changed

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · OSX Mountain Lion

Kegan Shattuck wrote:

Yes, the only downfall I can see so far. My color profiles didnt save.

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · OSX Mountain Lion

I upgraded last night... I can't tell the difference beyond a couple new little apps? Eh.

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM
tjsix
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · OSX Mountain Lion

Upgraded all our machines yesterday morning no major problems so far.. Aside from the notifications and Messages (which I'm finding very convenient), there isn't a whole lot of differences from Lion. The new version of Safari is nice and cleaner, the iCloud tabs feature is pretty cool (have to have iOS6 to use it), and is handy, I just wish it could be used with other browsers.. The overall UI is much more detailed as well, even though I'm not on a retina display it's visibly sharper, and slightly faster and more responsive as well.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · OSX Mountain Lion

I'll upgrade later. Usually I'm in the "doing it ASAP" bandwagon, but I don't see any major benefit so I'll just wait a bit. Not that I think it's buggy, but, just don't feel like upgrading anything right now

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM
rema86
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · OSX Mountain Lion

sboerup wrote:
I'll upgrade later. Usually I'm in the "doing it ASAP" bandwagon, but I don't see any major benefit so I'll just wait a bit. Not that I think it's buggy, but, just don't feel like upgrading anything right now

i know that feeling, with my luck something will go wrong lol

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:00 PM
david1234
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · OSX Mountain Lion

Upgraded last night, color profile was jacked! No bugs yet, everything still works (LR PS)

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:00 PM
XPO239
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · OSX Mountain Lion

I upgraded last night. LR4 is faster because of it. The only problems so far is Chrome not working properly and my monitor needing to be calibrated over again.

~ARI

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:13 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · OSX Mountain Lion

Not yet, looks to me like there isn't much incentive to upgrade as a non iphone/ipad user.

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:17 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · OSX Mountain Lion

How much faster Ari?

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:41 PM
XPO239
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · OSX Mountain Lion

sboerup wrote:
How much faster Ari?

My LR4 was super laggy. It took almost a second to switch between images and making adjustments on the sliders was painfully slow. I had to wait almost 2-3 seconds before the preview reflected the changes I made on the sliders. I tired 1:1 preview, but it was still slow after this. Upgrading to ML fixed all of this. It now works as fast as LR3.

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:02 PM
XPO239
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · OSX Mountain Lion

I'm usually not an early adoptor of new OS, but after a friend reported that it speeded up LR4 I gave it a try and it worked.

Candice, can you confirm this is true for you as well?

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:06 PM
elader
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · OSX Mountain Lion

I bought a 5D mkIII and a iphone 4S each on the day of launch. That's enough 'first adopter' for me this year. I'll wait until you guys all do it first.

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:16 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.