Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

mcarriere987
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

Hey all,

Hoping for a bit of help and generosity from a forum member! We are putting together a magazine that we can provide to clients at consultations with portfolio images, pricing, articles etc. We offer Red Tree albums as our premium album option, but have yet to order a sample. Consequently, we do not have any high resolution images to use in the magazine...

If anyone has pictures of a Red Tree album and would be willing to provide us a RAW or JPEG file we would be seriously grateful. The Red Tree site only has 72dpi images available. We, of course, would include a credit in the magazine.

THANKS!

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:37 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

Honestly, I would just go directly to Red Tree and ask them for higher resolution images. But then again, maybe they don't want you using their books to represent something that you may or may not offer... being that you're not actually a client of theirs.

It would also be a little weird to show someone else's album and credit another photographer in your own promo materials.

Personally, I would just get a sample of your own. That's just me, though.

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:37 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

They do have high resolution images available. Just email them and ask.

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:54 PM
mcarriere987
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

Thanks Inku. We are ordering a sample with our next wedding, just wanted this mag completed before then.

Candice - I did, and they didn't respond I'm sure it was lost in the shuffle with their move. I'll try again.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

mcarriere987 wrote:
Thanks Inku. We are ordering a sample with our next wedding, just wanted this mag completed before then.

Candice - I did, and they didn't respond I'm sure it was lost in the shuffle with their move. I'll try again.

Yeah, just my thoughts. I would get the sample and then do some of your own images. If you're gonna do the mag, it might be worth the wait to do it with all your own images/samples, etc... Printing those things can get pricey, so you want to do it right the first time.

I used to do brochures a couple years back... like 20 page booklets. Those quickly became a waste of money when I realized that I was raising my rates faster than I could get rid of the brochures. Haha. Just another thing to consider.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
mcarriere987
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

We are using a website called MAGCLOUD. There are no minimums, and a 36 page, perfect bound, 5.25x8.25 digest with 80# premium cover stock and 80# matte text stock is $6.76 + $2.62 shipping. If you order 20, you get 25% off.

Seems like a pretty cheap way to make a sweet impression on our potential clients. Especially since we've done a half decent job on the design.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:59 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

Have you checked out copycraft? They do short run booklets in small quantities. That's who Design Aglow recommends. I'm actually in the middle of putting 4 different booklets together.

Yeah, they said they would have email problems the week of the move.
A while back they had the high res ones in the photographer section of the website. I assume it's only low res now?

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

I used Copy Craft. They're great, but still pricey when I have to chuck a whole bunch of unused booklets every 2 months. Hahah.

Also, I think Copy Craft looks much nicer than those Magcloud spiral bound "books."

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:09 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

Inku, if you look at the Mag books they're actually not spiral bound. They've got some really nice perfect bound (20+ pages) or saddle bound (for fewer pages). I wonder what the paper is like. I may be ordering a few in a couple minutes here.

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:21 AM
mcarriere987
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Red Tree High Res Images..?

Yah, I have heard a bunch of good things about MAGcloud. Did you end up ordering any Candice?

Ill check again in the photographer section, didn't see any when I was there.

Jul 26, 2012 at 04:52 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.