Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Blue Couch

mkfmedic
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Blue Couch

I helped a good friend of mine second shoot a great wedding down in San Diego. This blue couch was in the lobby (Narthex) of the church. Since I was helping, I didn't get the chance to be in an ideal position, but I still like the shot! By the way, I have permission to post any photographs I have taken, just in case anyone is concerned.

As you can tell, they are looking at the primary, but I like the "Casual" post ceremony feel of this one. As always, I'd appreciate any tips for improvement or constructive criticism. To start, I'd crop out the bottom of the light fixture in the upper left.

Primary: Oz Wroe of Oz Visuals
Church: The Founders Chapel, University of San Diego
Couple: Maggie & Conor

Thanks for your input and helping me improve.

Best Regards,

Mike

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:01 PM
nikonftw
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Blue Couch

Can you speak to more about your thoughts on the framing of the image? Why did you chose to include the elements you did?

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:05 PM
amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Blue Couch

Tip for improvement: Don't be lazy. Bend your knees.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM
mkfmedic
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Blue Couch

Well, I think I should explain a little more clearly what was happening during.... I was in the process of hauling equipment around, and quite literally, just liked what I saw, lifted my camera and snapped a quick photo. As the "Second," the last thing I want to do is interrupt my friend, and interfere with his flow and interaction with the couple. This church was so full of interesting elements, but I very much appreciated what I felt was emotion of relief after the ceremony, and really was just trying to capture the emotion and not necessarily the perfectly composed picture. Having said that, my question would be do the visible elements distract? I've mentioned that I think the base of the candelabra does and wonder how other might crop, edit or adjust?

I appreciate the tip Allen, and yes, I too think that getting down to the right level would improve the picture! Please trust me when I say it certainly had nothing to do with being lazy.

Thanks again for your time. I truly appreciate everyone's thoughts and tips for improvement.

Best Regards,

Mike

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Blue Couch

Just looked at your blog... not sure what you're worried about. Your work is fine. This shot just isn't really a keeper. Personally, I think you need to just work on your processing. The pissed on look is so 2010.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM
mkfmedic
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Blue Couch

Thanks Alan,

I truly appreciate your thoughts. Weddings are a new beast and I really want to improve, so input from those with much more experience is always a plus!

Mike

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:03 AM
rickkoe

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Blue Couch

Hey Mike,

I just looked at your blog as well and I agree that your work is great. I have no doubt that given the opportunity to be the primary shooter in this situation, you'd have made it look great. IMHO, this shot as it is now just happens to look more like a snap shot. I'd probably get lower and tighter.

BTW, I CrossFit and am an Eagle Scout as well :-)

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:34 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password