Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

maxx9photo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

I have an offer of this printer for $200, do you guys think it's worth the trouble to start your own printing with this printer? I haven't print my own for quite a while and recently have that itch again. What is the pro and con against this printer?

Jul 25, 2012 at 07:47 PM
anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

This topic for this printer comes up regularly on here...a search will get you lots of info.

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:27 AM
tkearney
• • •
p.1 #3 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

I've been using this printer for over a year and I'm very pleased with the results. I was wondering how it would do, since I don't print all the time. I have not had any problems with clogs, or anything really. Every time I use it, it delivers. I love the prints I get from it. A very versatile printer, and for me, has been trouble free.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #4 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

maxx9photo wrote:
I have an offer of this printer for $200, do you guys think it's worth the trouble to start your own printing with this printer? I haven't print my own for quite a while and recently have that itch again. What is the pro and con against this printer?

The pros are the detail and smooth color transition you get with the 7680 nozzles and 10 inks.

The con would be the same as any other printer that hasn't been used for a few months: clogged nozzles. In which case do not use the automated nozzle-cleaning processes, as they just suck up ink. I posted the procedure that I use to clear the nozzles in another thread.

Enjoy!

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

I have had this printer for 2 1/2 years now and love it! It never clogs. Even after 30 days or more of non use, prints a fine sharp, clear, vivid image on Canon and Red River papers.
For the price, I believe it cannot be beat!!! Beats my Epson model that is $300-400 more expensive and the ink clogs all the time!!

Terry's comments above, I concur 100+%
Dan

Jul 27, 2012 at 04:17 PM
jrrhodes
• • •
p.1 #6 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

I've had my 9500 mark II for over two years and it has been a fantastic printer. I print mostly b&w and I am very happy with the results. I've only had to do a deep nozzle clean one time because of a very minor clog issue. I was considering and Epson at the time I bought the Canon and a friend who had the same Epson said his clogged all the time, though the output was excellent when it worked well. The only gripe with the Canon is that is uses a lot of ink, but I guess that is par for the course.

J.R.

Aug 09, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Richard Nye
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

The only CON in my opinion is the cost of ink. The 10 carts are small and at least one of them seems to need changing all the time at a cost of about $9 each.

Aug 10, 2012 at 01:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #8 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

Richard Nye wrote:
The only CON in my opinion is the cost of ink. The 10 carts are small and at least one of them seems to need changing all the time at a cost of about $9 each.

The reason I got the R2880. I don't know if it is a 'better' printer......but it is possible to buy good quality 3rd party bulk pigment ink...unlike the Canon.

Which is unfortunate really as I also have the Canon Pro 9000 mk 2 and it is easy to get bulk ink for it (I use German OCP ink) and the OEM carts are really easy to re-fill and re-set.......reducing ink costs by a good 90%.

It has only clogged (slightly) once.....that was when I was still using the original Canon inks.

Aug 10, 2012 at 01:35 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

tkearney wrote:
I've been using this printer for over a year and I'm very pleased with the results. I was wondering how it would do, since I don't print all the time. I have not had any problems with clogs, or anything really. Every time I use it, it delivers. I love the prints I get from it. A very versatile printer, and for me, has been trouble free.

I agree 110%. Never a clogged nozzle, even after months of non use! The prints are vibrant, crisp, clear and clean.
I also have the 9000II and it is just as wonderful. I have tried non Canon inks and, IMHO from results, Canon inks are the best! Yeah a bit expensive but how much is your printed image worth to you?
I have sold way more prints from my 9500II than my 2 Epsons.
Won 1st place at Montgomery County, Md Fair 2 years in a row with print from 9500 II.
Both beat my Epson 2200/2400 by a mile!
Get it!!
Dan

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:28 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #10 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

I agree 110%. Never a clogged nozzle, even after months of non use! The prints are vibrant, crisp, clear and clean.
I also have the 9000II and it is just as wonderful. I have tried non Canon inks and, IMHO from results, Canon inks are the best! Yeah a bit expensive but how much is your printed image worth to you?
Won 1st place at Montgomery County, Md Fair 2 years in a row with print from 9500 II.
Get it!!
Dan

I started with Canon inks and paper.....but I firmly believe from my experience that OCP inks and Ilford paper give a better result.....at a fraction of the price.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:44 PM
bf5hpjg
• •
p.1 #11 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

Get it!!
Dan

I have used all kinds of inks also but always return to Canon. All experiences are different. That is why there are so many alternate ink sources.
I keep my 9500 II filled with them and use the 9500 II to "proof" prints prior to printing on my Canon image ProGraf 9100.
But as Dan states..if the Canon inks produce a better image for you, is the expense worth it? Yes IMHO. The Lucia inks are fantastic
Plus NAPP discounts and others make it a bit more digestable.
Angelo.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:40 PM
maxx9photo
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

Thank you for the advise and I'm a happy with this purchase but not happy with the inks and papers

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Richard Nye
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Pixma Pro 9500 mkII

HERE'S a link you may find useful when looking to buy a Canon 9500 MkII.

Aug 11, 2012 at 07:50 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password