Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Do all Nikon manufactures know about D800 problem

frankie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do all Nikon manufactures know about D800 problem

I was wondering if Nikon worldwide know that they have a problem with the D800.
The reason I ask is that I sent an e-mail to Nikon UK in regards to the focus problems, with the D800.
The reply was they have not heard of the problem and said they have had no calls about it, or complaints.
I then rang them but they refused to answer any question relating to he D800.

Jul 25, 2012 at 05:35 PM
Guari
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do all Nikon manufactures know about D800 problem

I guess you got a bad rep at nikon

I wrote to them about 2 weeks ago saying that I have a left focus issue with the D800. Long story short, they said we re very sorry you are experiencing malfunctions and to please send it in for repair.

I haven't sent as I'm just returning from holidays with the camera and to be fair, the problem is minimal on my camera and does not affect my shooting style. I will send it on a later date once the thing settles and the really know how to fix it. I guess they will recall at some point, or at least make a statement about the whole thing

just my opinion

Jul 25, 2012 at 06:15 PM
hidden_Markov
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do all Nikon manufactures know about D800 problem

The employee you got may have not read a recent memo or his shift supervisor told him to say blah blah blah line.

Customer support can work like that. Worked for one boss, if you went above the we'll be back online ASAP script it was no big deal as long you wren't going into fine detail. Another boss... go off script and it was office chat time. this same company.

Since both UK you may have gotten different sections or crew rotations. In an ideal world all on the same sheet of music. Real world...man, left hand not knowing what the right hand doing way to common.

Jul 25, 2012 at 07:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do all Nikon manufactures know about D800 problem

frankie wrote:
The reply was they have not heard of the problem and said they have had no calls about it, or complaints.

Otherwise known as LLPOF...

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:29 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do all Nikon manufactures know about D800 problem

plausible deniability

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:48 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do all Nikon manufactures know about D800 problem

Of course they know that there are complaints, but unless there has been a service bulletin from headquarters likely nothing can be said. One can get fired for responding inappropriately.

EBH

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:49 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password