Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

StephanieTo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

I\m going through a branding exercise. Do you have an image on the back of your business card? Or none?

If so, how did you decide which one to use?

Jul 24, 2012 at 09:27 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

No image...
Our card is solely based on the initial impact just from the letter press printing and paper style. We have only black on the card as well.

Jul 24, 2012 at 09:31 PM
joosay
• • •
p.1 #3 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

Used to have image...but no more.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #4 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

I have colored image on front with studio name, then bw image on back with studio info.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

No image. Back in the day, I got a bunch of Moo cards with images on them. I quickly fell out of love with the images on the cards and hated giving them out.

Now I have a simple letter pressed card - my logo on one side, name and website on the other.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM
coreymatthew
• •
p.1 #6 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

Inku Yo wrote:
No image. Back in the day, I got a bunch of Moo cards with images on them. I quickly fell out of love with the images on the cards and hated giving them out.

Now I have a simple letter pressed card - my logo on one side, name and website on the other.

Same here.

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:39 PM
GraemePitman
• • •
p.1 #7 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:46 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

Inku Yo wrote:

I'm currently going through a set of Moo cards and feel about the same way. My next cards won't have images on them.

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:54 PM
Edward Mendes

p.1 #9 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

I use images on my cards.

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:56 PM
bagochips
• •
p.1 #10 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y&feature=related

I used to have photos on one side, but no longer do. Currently I'm using Luxe cards from Moo, which are nice, but not as nice as letterpress. Next cards will be letterpress for sure.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

fabiocamandona

p.1 #11 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

black background on "A" side for me.
White background on "B" side for my wife.
No images.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

running thru MOO currently.

already seen a break-out moment between 5 ladies when i was shooting a charity session.

1 lady made the comment on the bride in her card. Then another chimed in "what bride?"
it was cool, the ladies where swapping cards.

I do have a newly designed card with no image waiting in the wings.

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:56 AM
camerausername
• •
p.1 #13 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

There seems to be a trend of not using an image on the back. Anyone care to explain why they prefer to not have an image?

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:51 AM
Prettym1k3
• • •
p.1 #14 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

Simple card. Rounded corners. Printed by 4x6.com. Logo on front. Smaller logo on back with contact info.

No image.

Jul 26, 2012 at 04:59 PM
FullHousePhoto

p.1 #15 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

Normal card, no image. However, as a marketing tool, I will have a batch of special cards made up to put on the reception tables at a wedding... that card has as its front our favorite from the e-sesh for the couple, and our info on the back. All per bride's approval of course. And we only use the cards for that wedding...

Jul 27, 2012 at 05:31 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

no image.... letter press all the way.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:58 AM
joosay
• • •
p.1 #17 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

camerausername wrote:
There seems to be a trend of not using an image on the back. Anyone care to explain why they prefer to not have an image?

Same reason as Inku - I would get tired of an image.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

I have images front and back on mine...the front is a ring shot on the left side of the card, with a pretty solid tone background, that fades into the same tone/color on the right side, which has some text, name, phone number, email.

Then on the back it has just one single image, of a bride and groom, and my website is written vertically along the edge of a wall......

I think on my next set of cards, i'll prob do another image, but i've been considering not, but doing a QR code to my website instead...haven't decided yet....i DEF dont like the idea of a PLAIN white business card, that just has a LOGO, and your Name, Phone, and Website....too forgettable....easily lost, doesn't make an impression.....

as for the letter press idea, Do you REALLY think the addition of letter press is making any kind of impression (pun totally intended) on your clients?? Or do YOU just love the idea of letter press, and think it's awesome and impressive, and think the clients get the same feeling? B/C i doubt they are. It's just like shooting to impress other photographers, vs shooting to impress/serve your clients...personally to me i cant see it making a difference.

As for getting tired of an image, i totally get tired of the images on my cards....but the people i hand them to dont, b/c they dont look at them as much as i do.......and that's why i'll never order more than 250 cards at a time from now on...

Jul 27, 2012 at 01:55 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

GraemePitman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

HAHAHAHAHAHAH that was awesome!!!!

Jul 27, 2012 at 01:58 PM
DmitriM
• • •
p.1 #20 · Your business cards... photo image or none?

camerausername wrote:

Why try so hard to impress with images when we can impress our clients with funky letters. A good photo will never capture attention of a client but a cool font and a raised ink will.

Jul 27, 2012 at 02:30 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password