Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · customer service like this for the D800

jamach
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · customer service like this for the D800

I read this article below and the customer service there was impressive, and what it should be. The customer was called, loaner vehicle delivered, their car picked up, and would be returned with car wash, and full tank of gas. Yessir, even though the product was a Ford car, the customer service attitude is applicable, imho, to the way Nikon is treating its customers.

Joe

http://www.autonews.com/article/20120723/BLOG06/120729966/1499/how-ford-dealership-handled-this-2013-escape-recall

Jul 24, 2012 at 06:34 PM
mikesrc
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · customer service like this for the D800

I really don't think Nikon is going to send a flatbed to pick your camera up. Would be nice though.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Chestnut
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · customer service like this for the D800

Nikon sure can send a UPS/FedEx truck to pick mine up tho - and fix it, and have another UPS/FedEx truck deliver it back to me!

Jul 25, 2012 at 05:33 AM
Ian Macdermott
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · customer service like this for the D800

My 2013 Ford Escape was taken by flatbed to the dealership and was replaced temporarily by a Ford Focus with 4 miles on the odometer.

No wonder they took it back its not been released yet

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:24 PM
Adam Schallau
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · customer service like this for the D800

That's how it should be done!

Unfortunately, I'm dealing with Nikon Customer Service and they don't really seem to care about the customer, or the fact that we all can easily, and quickly, share our experiences on the internet with millions of other people.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM
lukeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · customer service like this for the D800

Adam Schallau wrote:
That's how it should be done!

Unfortunately, I'm dealing with Nikon Customer Service and they don't really seem to care about the customer, or the fact that we all can easily, and quickly, share our experiences on the internet with millions of other people.

With being one of only 2 primary camera producers, they could unfortunately care less.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

snapsy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · customer service like this for the D800

Here's a not-so-great story about D800 customer service:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=42107933

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM
capt3450
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · customer service like this for the D800

Well they did that for my D800's battery replacement awhile ago
-capt3450

>>Nikon sure can send a UPS/FedEx truck to pick mine up tho - and fix it, and have another UPS/FedEx truck deliver it back to me!

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · customer service like this for the D800

I'm sure that if you paid 20 Grand for your Nikon they would treat you the same.

BTW, the thing has a cracked fuel line that can turn it into a rolling fireplace. Does your Nikon threaten that?

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM
ShutteredMe
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · customer service like this for the D800

runamuck wrote:
I'm sure that if you paid 20 Grand for your Nikon they would treat you the same.

BTW, the thing has a cracked fuel line that can turn it into a rolling fireplace. Does your Nikon threaten that?

Of course there's always a hidden agenda.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM
patriot
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · customer service like this for the D800

lukeb wrote:
With being one of only 2 primary camera producers, they could unfortunately care less.

I'd be surprised if Nikon does not care ... it's just the level you are dealing with.

Customer service people are the bottom of the ladder, and are typically scripted ... tightly ... as to what they can and cannot say. They typically have little latitude to deal with problems. Unfortunately they often become immune to the consumer in a certain way, perhaps like ER people that are used to dealing with the worst situations. Customer service reps don't often get calls just to say hi or thanks. When people call them, they are usually angry, upset, confused. Everyone has a story, and CS reps learn fast to tune out the emotion and human side of the situation, and quickly place the problem into a pre-approved classification. While you're talking, they are listening for words that help them put your problem into a pre-approved bucket. Once in a bucket, they read the response and action approved for that problem. Period. That's the only way they can process you and get on the the next call, already a blinking line on the console. They are also trained to get you off the phone, as nicely and fast as possible.

But the calls are usually recorded, reported, and read by CS managers looking for issues, trends, etc. Management above and outside CS also looks regularly at analysis of the calls, and will review random or interesting cases. New approved buckets, responses, or actions result from this. In my job I get certain call information forwarded to me when it relates to my functional area, and depending on what I see I can take action. That might be to look into an internal potential problem, reach out to a retailer customer, or authorize specific action for the customer that called in.

And there are ways to get beyond CS, but the success rate depends on the problem and how it's done ... and some luck.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password