Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

kino
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

Jul 24, 2012 at 02:08 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #2 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

That is some very nice lighting! Nice job!

Jul 24, 2012 at 04:21 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #3 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

Thanks a lot I appreciate it

Jul 24, 2012 at 05:31 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #4 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

My hairstylist asked me to put 3 pictures for her together that her work would be nicely exposed, so I decided to share it also.
Any opinion would be appreciated

Jul 24, 2012 at 06:29 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

Cool lights!

Jul 24, 2012 at 07:53 PM
DETRUTHE

p.1 #6 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

Excellent work.

Jul 24, 2012 at 08:37 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #7 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

Thank you, Any opinion about light colors?

Jul 29, 2012 at 04:53 PM

Leeuwtje
• • •
p.1 #8 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

Love how the coloured lights give the images more depth!

Jul 29, 2012 at 08:15 PM
unknown_photog

p.1 #9 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

I really like the multicolored rim lights...I'm always into the different and pushing the boundaries.

I do have one question, not a critique, but I've been noticing it a lot on this forum that some portraits are extremely sharp, is this on purpose? I'm in no way critiquing it just curious.

Andy

Jul 29, 2012 at 08:52 PM
AdenMendez

p.1 #10 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

unknown_photog wrote:
I really like the multicolored rim lights...I'm always into the different and pushing the boundaries.

I do have one question, not a critique, but I've been noticing it a lot on this forum that some portraits are extremely sharp, is this on purpose? I'm in no way critiquing it just curious.

Andy

Now this actually struck me as very strange to be honest. But then I started to think about it. I know (or think I know) that photographers used all kinds of things to smooth out imperfections and make an image just overall a little softer. From vaseline on filters, meticulous lighting set-ups, soft-focus lenses, etc. But I think now we're just so concerned about image and lens sharpness, and performance of our gear. All the technical crap that has little to no effect on how much impact a great image would have regardless.
Now, I'm not saying that's what's happened here and I have no problem with it at all. Everything in these images is clear and crisp as that was probably desired. Even the gelled lights look good to me. Kudos for pulling that off. Any attempt from me would be mushy and 90's MTV-ish.(As I have a very heavy-handed way of lighting and can't use gels all that subtly to save my life). I would like to see a black and white of the first one though.

Jul 29, 2012 at 09:25 PM
unknown_photog

p.1 #11 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

@AdenMendez that is one of my points in asking the question. Is the "new" thing to have these extremely sharp portraits? I respect everyone's style and I love the fact that we all shoot and like different things, but I've just seen it become a trend on the interwebs!

I'm on the commercial side of this crazy industry and my clients would probably fire me if I handed over a portrait that was this sharpened. But those are just my clients...not saying that it's not a sellable image, i'm just in a different market!

I'm just curious to see if it's a new trend!

Andy

Jul 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #12 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

Hi Everybody,
I did't think at all about any sharpening I just re sized them for internet out of lightroom and I got what you see.
Interesting that some time before when I tried to smooth skin of the model some fox was not happy about it saying it's to soft =)

Jul 31, 2012 at 04:02 AM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Jasmin, Major Model Management NYC

Nice style.

Aug 02, 2012 at 05:12 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password