Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · LR 4 question

radioblurs
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR 4 question

I've upgraded my LR 2 catalogs into LR 4 but realized that they're pretty big (and thus, slow everything down). Is it possible to remove a portion of a catalog to create a new one? If so, what would be the best way to do that? Thanks.

Daniel

Jul 23, 2012 at 07:04 PM
tomrock
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR 4 question

There are a lot of variables here but basically what you want to do is choose Export as a Catalog from the File menu.

Jul 23, 2012 at 08:18 PM
radioblurs
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR 4 question

By exporting a selected number of files, I can effecting "move" them into a brand new catalog?

Jul 23, 2012 at 08:51 PM
tomrock
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR 4 question

I just tried it with a half-dozen files. It didn't move the original files, it copied them.

Your next step would be to delete the originals from the first catalog (after you've confirmed that they copied correctly).

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LR 4 question

Be aware that if you split your Lr catalog then you cannot search for images across multiple catalogs within Lr, nor work in both catalogs at once. You would always have to close the catalog that you are using and then open the other one, and then change back when needed.

- Alan

Jul 28, 2012 at 03:06 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password