Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Orange County Wedding (30 + pics ) - simply beautiful

martinezphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Orange County Wedding (30 + pics ) - simply beautiful

A simple yet beautiful wedding in Orange County from a few weeks ago. Rather than spend on the typical (coordinator, DJ, dinner, etc.) the couple chose instead to have a simple affair and invite all 250 plus who wanted to attend. Ceremony and reception in the backyard of their church. This was refreshing to experience and I really loved documenting their day. More weddings should feel like this. Thanks for the look

Jul 23, 2012 at 04:41 PM
dkmiles1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Orange County Wedding (30 + pics ) - simply beautiful

Wow, 152 views and no comments?!? OK, I'll start.

Overall I see good imagery with a lack of a story, in addition to some minor technical critiques;

IMO, several of these are overexposed and lack contrast (9,10,11) and in 14 there are some distracting elements that take away from what is otherwise a pretty good photo of the groom, but what's up with the yellow dolly and the John Deere looking lawn mower in the background? Try as I might to look at him, my eyes are just drawn to the YELLOW dolly.

18 and 19 are decent (and creative - 18 specifically, great pose) group shots, but I'm wondering why you chose black and white (18) and the background on 19 to my eye is just blown a little too much. It may just be your style, but I may have vignetted it a bit to bring back some details...

Again, I see *mostly* good imagery (in your defense it looks like mid-day sun and that can be a bear to balance the ambient and the subject without crushing the highlights and back yards can pose their own set of challenges with regard to variety of locations and creativity) and some good composition, but overall it seems like a lot of bits and pieces and not the whole story - could be the lack of extras as you described. Did you shoot this one alone?

Jul 24, 2012 at 02:22 AM
Paul Reams
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Orange County Wedding (30 + pics ) - simply beautiful

I'd agree with dk on the overexposure/contrast issues in this one. It does look to me like a tough sun and tough background sort of environment. The stuff outside of the tent is really blasted when the stuff in shade is exposed correctly. You would have needed some additional lighting to maintain detail in the backgrounds like I'm sure you would have liked to.
We had some rough sun for our wedding up in LA this week as well, so I certainly can empathize with you. Sometimes the sun is just a bitch...

Ring shots look good-why just the engagement ring and not the wedding rings, too?

Jul 24, 2012 at 06:58 AM
JoeMelzer
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Orange County Wedding (30 + pics ) - simply beautiful

First of all: gosh, they seem very young! Makes me feel so old ...

Many images indeed tend to overexposure but I was wondering if this was intended. Was it? As for storytelling, I like the set. But perhaps I'm from germany I am not as user to the american way of storytelling The pose in 14 is cool, but as Darren mentioned, eyes are drawn to the yellow lawn mower. Oh, and I like the way you mixed in detail shots. Adds a nice "being there" feeling, at least for me.

Jul 24, 2012 at 09:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

martinezphoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Orange County Wedding (30 + pics ) - simply beautiful

@ dkmiles1 - Thanks much! I am moving toward a lighting and softer processing style and the bride absolutely loved the way these images turned out. I'm pretty happy with them too

Jul 24, 2012 at 04:10 PM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Orange County Wedding (30 + pics ) - simply beautiful

Dang, Mark - 19 is perfection. Love your coverage of this wedding! You've captured some beautiful, emotional moments.

Jul 24, 2012 at 04:19 PM
martinezphoto
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Orange County Wedding (30 + pics ) - simply beautiful

@ JoeMelzer - Thank you! Yes, I am moving my processing to a lighter and softer feel.

@ Mitch W - Thank you! This day really reminded what makes weddings so beautiful

Jul 25, 2012 at 02:18 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password