Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Card Duplication Error?!

tonyhart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Card Duplication Error?!

Hi guys,

Shot a wedding in Brighton on Saturday and just getting into culling this morning. While going through in Photo Mechanic we reach the first kiss and not only does the actual lip contact moment not appear to be there, but there are two 'identical' frames with different file numbers. I mean identical. Nothing has changed, the image is the same.

So I figure there may be a small card error and pull out my CF backups. I'm shooting two x 5D3. The CF cards exhibit the exact thing. Now, I remember thinking at the time that I'd nailed the timing so I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm importing the CF card backups again to double check, but I'm thinking my next stop will be something like Data Rescue 3.

Anyone else come across this phenomenon? I am concerned!

I thought this wedding went quite well, but in review I'm less sure. A massive yellow ambulance drove right behind the bride as she walked down the aisle. Astonishingly bad timing!

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Card Duplication Error?!

tonyhart wroteA massive yellow ambulance drove right behind the bride as she walked down the aisle. Astonishingly bad timing!

Agh, good luck with that one!

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Card Duplication Error?!

I'm hoping to try and composite a cleaner background using a couple of other frames but not sure if it'll be possible. Any thoughts on the missing image and the duplicates preceding it folks? I've never experienced that before and I've been unable to find the missing image using any data recovery method.

Jul 23, 2012 at 01:48 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Card Duplication Error?!

I had a problem one time where my card started rewriting itself halfway through an engagement session. It was a bad circuit board in the camera that caused the problem. Basically it wrote over what I had already shot.
I sent everything to Canon and they told me tough luck.

I feel bad for ya!
Let us know what happens!

Jul 23, 2012 at 04:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Card Duplication Error?!

Cheers Doug. Seems to have only affected this one moment in the wedding. There's a shot of the B&G just before the kiss, then another, identical one, then straight on to the image of them breaking apart post-kiss. There aren't any other discrepancies but it's as if the camera forgot to write the kiss image and instead wrote the previous image twice.

Unusual and gutting. Seems that image is gone sadly as I've tried all sorts of data recovery on the cards. SD and CF backups. Not much I can do at this point apart from crack on.

Thanks for the input mate.

Jul 23, 2012 at 04:39 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Card Duplication Error?!

Ya Tony that sucks big time...
I would send the card and camera into Canon and see what they have to say.

The good thing is that you did not lose more.
I am sure the wedding will turn out just fine. Most of the time we are our own worst critics

Jul 23, 2012 at 04:59 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Card Duplication Error?!

Another write error for Canon 5d3...makes me feel relieved I didn't buy one.

Jul 23, 2012 at 05:36 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password