Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · P-51 in for overhaul

Kenj8246
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · P-51 in for overhaul

This lady is in for an overhaul. She's usually out flying at air shows and such.

RolleicordV-AristaEDU100 10 by kenj8246, on Flickr

Jul 22, 2012 at 03:28 PM
astro-ep
• • •
p.1 #2 · P-51 in for overhaul

Yea baby. That's my all-time favorite.

I used to fly RC planes at an airport that was just beginning. The only thing there was a huge hangar where they were working on several Mustangs (including a dual control version) and some Mig 21's . One day that dual control mustang buzzed the field and did a barrel roll as is climbed out. It circled around, landed and taxied-in. It parked in front of the large hangar and the canopy slid open. First thing out was a cane, hooked over the edge of the cockpit. The pilot helped his wife out of the rear seat (remember dual control) and then he climbed out.

Great 'ole guy. Friendly and happy to let me look around. His hanger is a museum now:
http://www.war-eagles-air-museum.com/

Thanks for posting this image.

Eric

Jul 23, 2012 at 08:46 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · P-51 in for overhaul

Beautiful image of my favorite WWII fighter.
Kenny- did you ever see that old TV series about the Black Sheep Squadron? It featured mustangs flying and fighting in the South Pacific. Many, many scenes of the birds in flight, dog-fighting, and the distinctive roar of those powerful engines. What a thrill to see and hear- even on TV.
Charlie

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · P-51 in for overhaul

astro-ep wrote:
Yea baby. That's my all-time favorite.

I used to fly RC planes at an airport that was just beginning. The only thing there was a huge hangar where they were working on several Mustangs (including a dual control version) and some Mig 21's . One day that dual control mustang buzzed the field and did a barrel roll as is climbed out. It circled around, landed and taxied-in. It parked in front of the large hangar and the canopy slid open. First thing out was a cane, hooked over the edge of the cockpit. The pilot helped his wife out
...Show more

Thanks, Eric, my pleasure.

Kenny

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · P-51 in for overhaul

Charlie Shugart wrote:
Beautiful image of my favorite WWII fighter.
Kenny- did you ever see that old TV series about the Black Sheep Squadron? It featured mustangs flying and fighting in the South Pacific. Many, many scenes of the birds in flight, dog-fighting, and the distinctive roar of those powerful engines. What a thrill to see and hear- even on TV.
Charlie

Yeah, I remember that old series, Charlie. Actually, VMF-214, the Black Sheep were flying the F4U-1 Corsair. Don't know if it shows in the pic but there is a Corsair just behind this Mustang in the final stages of an overhaul.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:46 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password