Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog)

saneproduction
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog)

There are lots of filter options in the library view, but I don't see how to see only RAW. I am starting a new catalog in LR4.1 and pulling my whole drive full of photos in to cull down and look for portfolio pieces. Problem is it also pulled in a lot of duplicate .jpgs I exported earlier with LR3.

Jul 22, 2012 at 09:00 AM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #2 · LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog)

I imagine there would be several ways to identify the JPEGs in your catalog.

(1) The simplest method would be to start a new Smart Collection (Library > New Smart Colection from the menu); name it something like "Filter Raws", and set the rules as follows:

Match All; File Type is Raw.

Lightroom will go through your catalog and automatically group all the Raw files into the Smart Collection. Now to see your raw files you'll simply click on the "Filter Raws' Smart Collection; when its no longer needed just right click and choose to delete it.

(2) A second method would be to select "All Photographs" in the Catalog Panel, then invoke the Library Filter by pressing the Backslash (\) key. Select Metadata to search on, then click the heading of any of the default columns, and use the drop-down list to change the column heading to File Type.

You will now see the various file types in your catalog listed. Select the line that shows the raw files and they will be selected with their thumbnails visible in Grid view. If you think you'll be doing this filtering often you can save the setting as a Filter preset.

saneproduction wrote:
There are lots of filter options in the library view, but I don't see how to see only RAW. I am starting a new catalog in LR4.1 and pulling my whole drive full of photos in to cull down and look for portfolio pieces. Problem is it also pulled in a lot of duplicate .jpgs I exported earlier with LR3.

Edited on Jul 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM · View previous versions

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM
tomrock
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog)

Under the Metadata filter where you see Date, Camera, Lens and Label by default, click the word Date.

The second choice is File Type.

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM
saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #4 · LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog)

Thanks guys! That did the trick!

Jul 26, 2012 at 07:01 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password