Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Archive 2012 · 20/21mm on FF..........yet again!

timballic
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · 20/21mm on FF..........yet again!

Really looking forward to the Voigtlander 20/3.5 coming back now, just phoned the repairers and they say it was out by quite a bit!

It should be back with me early next week, I hope it looks a LOT better. If it does, I will be keeping it.

I'll post some results as soon as I have it back and the weather is reasonable.

Oct 09, 2012 at 08:37 AM
Krosavcheg
• • • •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · 20/21mm on FF..........yet again!

timballic wrote:
Really looking forward to the Voigtlander 20/3.5 coming back now, just phoned the repairers and they say it was out by quite a bit!

It should be back with me early next week, I hope it looks a LOT better. If it does, I will be keeping it.

I'll post some results as soon as I have it back and the weather is reasonable.

There is one in local store in EOS mount. Will go and test tomorrow...although I am planning for a 28mm lens, I can't help but be attracted to the Voigt...

Oct 09, 2012 at 08:54 AM
timballic
• • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · 20/21mm on FF..........yet again!

Comparisons of re-colimated Voigtlander 20/3.5 with Canon 20/2.8 USM

Test scene as before, (sadly the horse box had been taken out). Colour change from earlier results is called Autumn. However these are taken in VERY dull flat conditions.

Focus on green pot at 5', F16 to see depth of field. Pity I can't put them next to each other. The Voigtlander is more colourful.

Voigtlander

Canon

Near centre of image, 100%, very little has changed, both reasonably sharp.

Voigtlander

Canon

In the distance, again very similar results to before, The Canon having greater resolution and the Voigtlander smudging the leaves of the distant tree. (Possibly slightly less difference than before?)

Voigtlander

Canon

However at close distance I can see a marked improvement in the Voigtlander from my earlier results. (Thank goodness, I was beginning to think the £50 re-collimation fee was wasted!)
Exposure exactly the same in centre, so the Voigtlander has darker corners than the Canon.

Voigtlander

Canon

I don't think the difference is enough to keep the Voigtlander, but at least I can now sell it knowing it is working as it should be.

Oct 13, 2012 at 07:05 AM
jvincenc76

p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · 20/21mm on FF..........yet again!

for me this rules out the voight, so I will go for Olympus zuiko 21mm F3.5 Thank you for samples.

Oct 14, 2012 at 08:09 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.