Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #3 · Hasselblad Sizing and Sharpening |
Mark, this is fantastic. Even with the web-compressed JPG, it's clear the amount of detail and tonal range. I'm still shooting with 5D classic and 7D, and have been going back and forth on the 5DIII upgrade. I really wish there were something comparable from Canon to the Nikon D800 for resolution (not trying to stir anything up, Jim! .
I know it's certainly not apples-to-apples, and there are other variables to consider, but I'm curious if you think that the same sharpening techniques, levels, etc. would be accurate and provide similar results to a stitched image from either the 5DIII or Nikon D800 (providing something in the 60MP range)? (i.e., I won't be able to afford an HD4 any time soon!
I look forward to the DVD!
Good. I thought someone might appreciate it. My only point here was to say WOW these files soar for enlargements!!! I make enlargements all them time from various files for various clients. Maybe 70% of the time DSLR then the other 30% of the time either Large format scans or Medium format digital. I just want to say that when sharpest f/stop is chosen, and great glass is used it is amazing what a person can get out of 36MP, 40, 50 or 60... Lately I have been playing with D800 (and E) files from clients (I don't own the camera) and when great glass and sharpest f/stops are used it make greats enlargements too! One of the keys is perfecting workflow for detail.
My simple answer to your question is yes. Good glass, good f/stops, preventing all camera shake and excellence in processing for print (with a stitched image) will yield awesome results like that of medium format digital. Maybe a person who looks at an image with a magnifying glass will argue against the idea but the market of the general public will be more than satisfied IMO. I am the in the camp of those who believe more can be done with less than many would realize.
Good luck with your own work!