Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              15      
       17       18       end

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

EOS20
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.16 #1 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Jul 23, 2012 at 07:33 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.16 #2 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

^^^^Does it come in a build-it-yourself kit?

Omar

Jul 23, 2012 at 07:34 PM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.16 #3 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

omarlyn wrote:
^^^^Does it come in a build-it-yourself kit?

Omar

Yep, and Canon will provide you with a Allen Key!

Edited on Jul 23, 2012 at 07:47 PM · View previous versions

Jul 23, 2012 at 07:45 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.16 #4 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:
For EVF you need ports, it doesnt have any suitable for that. And there wont be any later or higher end models anytime soon. Its very naive to think that Canon plans to sacrifice his 6xxDs for mirrorless. If there will be some EVF model, it will take ages.

Unless you happen to be on the Board of Directors for Canon, you don't know what you are talking about.

Jul 23, 2012 at 07:46 PM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.16 #5 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

I wonder if B&H will mount one of these onto their 1200 L when it becomes available!

Jul 23, 2012 at 07:57 PM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.16 #6 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:
Im not going that low to comment your country.

That movie button is in exact same spot on Sony NEX-7 (where it was first), Samsung NX20 (second) and now Canon EOS M. Noo, ofc they are not copying, they just independently all three of them invented exact same location. And most important is that its incredibly stupid placement.

7D bands like any other Canon. And as Yakim pointed out, it wont be 7D version of sensor but 650D (which is even worse, if thats possible).

For EVF you need ports, it doesnt have any suitable for that. And there wont be
...Show more

Why not? You're already trash talking "Asian companies", so why stop there? Give me your best shot.

7D bands? Are you sure? Do you have a 7D?

ISO3200 pushed 2 stops.

It's naive to think that Canon would prefer the consumers to buy their Rebels instead of this EOS M. They're most likely cheaper and easier to manufacture and therefore give Canon more profit than the entry level Rebels.

Mirrorless cameras have more appeal to the casual shooters due to their size and simpler operation. With more and more of them in the market, it's better for Canon if people buy their EOS M rather than the competition. The more serious shooters will inevitably pick up a DSLR.

Some Canon enthusiasts and even pros here bound to have a mirrorless and now it's better for them as well since they'd be able to use their lenses on a Canon mirrorless. Being more experienced, these people will also be more demanding and if Canon wants their money, they better make a higher end mirrorless.

EVF will come. All the popular mirrorless on the market like NEX, PEN, NX have an EVF. It's silly to think that Canon won't make one.

Jul 23, 2012 at 08:12 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.16 #7 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

jonbrach wrote:
I go to tons of venues where I am not allowed to bring in my 5D# or 1D4 and I am constantly wishing to be able to bring something small with me that would allow me to use a quality lens as well...i can see taking this camera with the kit lens or the 40 2.8 pancake or the 50 1.8 with me when i know my DSLR wont be permitted....if the camera functions well i will be all over it

Then why not take the RX100?

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jul 23, 2012 at 08:58 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.16 #8 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

OntheRez wrote:
Really nothing all that surprising here. Pretty much what I guessed several pages back except they went with the current APS-C sensor rather than the G1X I had guessed at.
Price is on the high side (you are surprised?) though not outrageously so given the lens inclusion. Adapter is huge, expensive, defeats the form factor though this is an issue with many compact camera adapters. Still, I acquired a GX1, 14-42, 20 f/1.7 and EVF for only $50 more than this basic kit. As for those who think MFT IQ isn't up to snuff, well I've printed at 13X19 and frankly
...Show more

Price is ok compared to Nikon's ask for the V1/J1. Most of the mirrorless are expensive in relative terms, but often smaller most certainly does not mean cheaper. Just look at ultrabooks.

As long as this is just their first shot and there will be higher specced versions I think it's a nice camera. I've already bought into Olympus OM-D and aren't ruing the decision at all, but in a few years if Canon wake up like the others did and offer an advanced model targeting the top end rather than entry level I'd be very interested, especially if they get a strong line up of glass. As to which they'll need to move quickly on more native EOS-M lenses to keep interest. The 22mm pancake looks great, so I hope they keep them coming. However, unlike the other mirrorless companies that put up their lens roadmap, Canon will never do such a thing and leave people wondering what they have coming and have no idea when until it's announced.

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.16 #9 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Imagemaster wrote:
Unless you happen to be on the Board of Directors for Canon, you don't know what you are talking about.

If you are on the board of directors you definitely don't know what's going on as regards technical details. They just want broad brush strokes.

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM
jctriguy
• • •
p.16 #10 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

gfiksel wrote:
It's rather like buying a car without the windshield wipers. Yes, you can drive without most of the times but if it rains you need them. Oh, it's an option for an extra 1000 bucks? Yes, it's crippled

My car came without the extra speakers (4 instead of 6 or 8). It would've cost Honda maybe 20 bucks to add them to every car. I should go crazy and yell at Honda for crippling my car.

It's called business. If you don't think the product is a good deal don't buy it.

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mescalamba
• • • •
p.16 #11 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Pixel Perfect wrote:
If you are on the board of directors you definitely don't know what's going on as regards technical details. They just want broad brush strokes.

Dont need to. EOS-M sits exactly between low-end dSLR range and high-end compact. Which is where it Canon wants and it makes absolutely no sense to take it out there and move up. Which is what would they do only if sales would be really high.
And that wont happen. Cause Canon is late to the party and cause it really doesnt offer anything that competition wouldnt (and havent better). Except that its Canon, but if I dont mind some Canon fanboys, ppl that really wanted mirrorless already have one.. or two or more.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:09 PM
jctriguy
• • •
p.16 #12 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:
Dont need to. EOS-M sits exactly between low-end dSLR range and high-end compact. Which is where it Canon wants and it makes absolutely no sense to take it out there and move up. Which is what would they do only if sales would be really high.
And that wont happen. Cause Canon is late to the party and cause it really doesnt offer anything that competition wouldnt (and havent better). Except that its Canon, but if I dont mind some Canon fanboys, ppl that really wanted mirrorless already have one.. or two or more.

Glad you have such a good crystal ball

I think the haters are a lot worse than the fanboys on this site.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.16 #13 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

n0b0 wrote:
Why not? You're already trash talking "Asian companies", so why stop there? Give me your best shot.

7D bands? Are you sure? Do you have a 7D?

ISO3200 pushed 2 stops.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8290/7631817310_a0bc4f1699_b.jpg

It's naive to think that Canon would prefer the consumers to buy their Rebels instead of this EOS M. They're most likely cheaper and easier to manufacture and therefore give Canon more profit than the entry level Rebels.

Mirrorless cameras have more appeal to the casual shooters due to their size and simpler operation. With more and more of them in the market, it's better for Canon if people buy their EOS
...Show more

1) learn to read - "certain" doesnt mean "all", and point was more in fact that its stupidly placed button which is in obvious same stupid place on three different cameras from different manufacturers, which means they copied.. and on top of that bad design.

2) http://www.flickr.com/groups/canon_7d_digital_slr/discuss/72157623496964841/

Suuure no banding. DPP is quite decent in covering tracks, but not all want to use it, its decent SW, but lacks quite a lot of stuff that other RAW developers have.

3) Yea EVF will come.. probably as fast as Canon mirrorless came? Sure give it few years.. Only fanboys and stupid ppl will buy this. So Canon can just pray that theres enough of both. Nikon tried same.. it doesnt seem as great success for them either. Tho truth is that x2.7 crop sensor didnt exactly help it either..

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.16 #14 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:

You always say Canon won't do this and that, but you are never usually right. They take their time, too long sometimes, but usually get around to giving us what we want. I get you hate Canon with a vengeance, so why get worked up over it if they never give you what you want, and you never expect them to give you what they want, why not ignore Canon altogether and go with Sony or m4/3?

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.16 #15 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:
Only fanboys and stupid ppl will buy this. So Canon can just pray that theres enough of both.

The camera has become the most pre-ordered camera on Amazon now.

So regardless of who you think is stupid, Canon certainly is not. This is a winner for them. They don't pray, they know their markets.

What does that make you?

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.16 #16 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Monito wrote:
The camera has become the most pre-ordered camera on Amazon now.

So regardless of who you think is stupid, Canon certainly is not. This is a winner for them. They don't pray, they know their markets.

What does that make you?

Let's give it some time before calling anything a winner. It is easy to go from a winner to a wiener.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:05 AM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.16 #17 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:

Canon has their optics to offer...which may very well be better than the compitition,also their sensor prob be more than good enough for most of the target audience...they are aiming directly at Nikon.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.16 #18 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

digitalbug30d wrote:
Canon has their optics to offer...which may very well be better than the compitition,also their sensor prob be more than good enough for most of the target audience...they are aiming directly at Nikon.

I disagree. This shows Nikon is not even a consideration for their competition. Sony is the target this time. Nikon has made a dire mistake with their attempt, but Sony has a very good system. This is a direct competitor to NEX 5N/F3 IMO.

Jul 24, 2012 at 01:22 AM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.16 #19 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:
1) learn to read - "certain" doesnt mean "all", and point was more in fact that its stupidly placed button which is in obvious same stupid place on three different cameras from different manufacturers, which means they copied.. and on top of that bad design.

2) http://www.flickr.com/groups/canon_7d_digital_slr/discuss/72157623496964841/

Suuure no banding. DPP is quite decent in covering tracks, but not all want to use it, its decent SW, but lacks quite a lot of stuff that other RAW developers have.

3) Yea EVF will come.. probably as fast as Canon mirrorless came? Sure give it few years.. Only fanboys and stupid ppl will
...Show more

1. I can only read so much into a poorly written post. What button are you talking about? Did you mean all their buttons? See how the lack of plural form can throw someone off? As for copying, it's called design convention. Most buttons are placed on the right hand side because cameras are designed for right handed people. If you're left handed, that's too bad.

2. I already showed you the shot from my 7D. Since you can't do the same, I can only assume that you don't have a 7D and you're just parroting what the internet says.

3. You already said Nikon 1 series has a much smaller sensor and yet you also said that Nikon "tried the same"? Epic fail.

To be honest with you, I also think the lack of pop up flash, articulating screen and EVF a turn off, so I won't be buying it either. But that doesn't mean "only fanboys and stupid people" would buy it. I know people have different needs and wants so if this camera does it for them then there's nothing wrong in buying it.

I'll wait until there's at least an EVF and hopefully Canon would sell it soon, just so I can point and laugh at you if nothing else.

Jul 24, 2012 at 01:24 AM
chez
• • • • •
p.16 #20 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I disagree. This shows Nikon is not even a consideration for their competition. Sony is the target this time. Nikon has made a dire mistake with their attempt, but Sony has a very good system. This is a direct competitor to NEX 5N/F3 IMO.

My understanding is the Nikon offering is a great success. Where do you get your info that Nikon made a mistake?

Jul 24, 2012 at 01:25 AM
       17       18       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

17       18       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password