Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Feisol Mono-Pod - Great Customer Service

PennsyBill
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Feisol Mono-Pod - Great Customer Service

I have been looking for a new monopod that would handle more weight and had made the decision to buy a Gitzo that would handle my D3s with my heaviest lens -- 200-400mm f4 based on their reputation and rebate being offered when someone suggested I take a look at the Feisol 1473 at about half the price of the Gitzo.

After I read the specifications and some reviews I put an order in for one and a few days later it arrived and I was impressed when I opened the box, It was well finished, very light, easy to adjust and seemed as solid as a rock.

When I tried to attach my RRS QR Plate the bolt inside the monopod was below the level of the base of the head -- uumph? It was the week-end and the store where I purchased it was closed but I sent them an e-mail hoping to hear back on Monday but I got a return message within a couple of hours. I also sent an e-mail directly to Feisol to see if they could talk me thru fixing it. They also responded quickly and said never saw a problem as I described but not to worry about it they were going to e-mail me a Fed-X mailing label so I could send it directly to them and once Fed-X notified them it was in the system they would send me a new one - WOW.
The folks at Feisol have more than gone the extra mile with multiple e-mails over the week-end keeping me up to date.

I haven't this kind of service since I told a flight attendant I was Brad PItt's uncle (I'm not but don't tell any flight attendant's that fly SAA)

They are both in the system traveling in different directions and I suspect I'll have mine Monday or Tuesday

Jul 19, 2012 at 09:30 PM
Cicopo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Feisol Mono-Pod - Great Customer Service

That sounds very impressive. I have both versions of the Monopods they were selling about 4 years ago plus one of their tripods & I'm happy with all 3 even though I rarely use them. Well made for the prices.

Jul 20, 2012 at 03:00 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Feisol Mono-Pod - Great Customer Service

yes their CS is good.
are you talking about the 3/8-16 stud in the platform?. the MP comes with a wrench that allows you to loosen the nut below inside the cup area and adjust the stud height as necessary or reverse it completely exposing the 1/4-20 threaded stud on the other side.

NIKON D7000    150.0 mm f/2.8 lens    150mm    f/16.0    8s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 20, 2012 at 01:32 PM
PennsyBill
• • •
p.1 #4 · Feisol Mono-Pod - Great Customer Service

That was the problem - the top of the bolt was we below the top of it's hole and there wasn't anyway to use the little tool and nut to engage it.

Jul 21, 2012 at 02:26 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password