Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Help CS6

dave chilvers
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Help CS6

In cs6 when you have an image up at 100% for sky spotting out is there anyway of preventing the movement of the image as you scroll around? I should enlarge, obviously the image will reposition as you scroll but in CS6 it floats around after you stop scrolling and then comes to a rest. When spotting I scroll from side to side gradually working my way down the image and quite often slowly moving the image is enough to spot a spot so to speak but as it is at present it almost makes me dizzy as it floats.

anyone please.

Dave

Jul 19, 2012 at 07:31 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Help CS6

You can in preferences under performance you could turn off use graphics processor.

This may change how some filters work such as liquify, oil paint and some the the new blur tools work though.

Jul 19, 2012 at 07:43 PM
joakim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Help CS6

What about using the arrow keys or the page up/page down keys to move around instead?

Jul 19, 2012 at 08:06 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Help CS6

With the "Hand Tool" selected ... try checking the "Scroll All Windows" button to see if that makes a difference for you.

Unchecked ... mine keeps moving after I release my mouse.
Checked ... mine stops on a dime when I release the mouse.

Jul 19, 2012 at 08:28 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #5 · Help CS6

Go to Edit > Preferences > General and turn off the Flick Panning option.

Jul 19, 2012 at 08:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Help CS6

James gets the prize for the best answer

Jul 19, 2012 at 08:58 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #7 · Help CS6

Thanks. Flick panning and Rotation (R) are two very useful tools that I can't imagine why anyone would want to turn them off but I guess we all work differently.

Jul 19, 2012 at 09:29 PM
dave chilvers
• • •
p.1 #8 · Help CS6

James_N wrote:
Thanks. Flick panning and Rotation (R) are two very useful tools that I can't imagine why anyone would want to turn them off but I guess we all work differently.

Thanks James

It made me feel like I was at sea

I know it`s the more modern way of scrolling around these ipad things but I have to do a lot of work spotting at 100%.
With the old system slowly scrolling across your eye focused area was perfect for just picking out the little buggers but with that flick panning it was confusing as to where i had last looked. The only real reason I can see for using the flick panning is to make CS6 look a touch more up to date and in line with modern phones and pads unless there is another benefit?

I`ve been using photoshop since the first version on floppies In fact the pre runner before Adobe got hold of it was actually a prog called Photo Styler) which I had so it must be at least 20 years and maybe more and you know what we say all the time in the UK "You can`t teach an old dog new tricks" and I`m an old dog

Thanks again all who replied, I love my photography still but just need a bit more techy help as I get on in years.

Cheers

Dave

Jul 20, 2012 at 09:07 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Help CS6

I start at the top left of the frame, usually at 200 percent, use Page Down to scroll down one screen sized frame until I get to the bottom, then Cmd-Page Down to move one segment over and page up until I get to the top of the frame, and so on until I'm at the lower right. Then go over at 100 percent as you often miss things at 200 percent that you see at 100 percent.

Personally I love flick panning, and if you use the Spacebar to enable the Hand Tool, you flick toward where you want to be and it stops cold as soon as you let up on the Spacebar. Flick panning is one of the very few newer features I actually like, but since it's obviously not for everyone, it's easy enough to turn off.

Jul 20, 2012 at 06:21 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Help CS6

I turn mine off in my preferences

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:56 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password