Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2004 · #123: National Interests

Melor
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · #123: National Interests

No Keith, I didn't chance upon such a person. The person is my daughter Hannah and I bump into her daily! The barcode was printed on a transparant sticker and illuminated with a laser pointer that has an underline feature. No luck involved.

Lucky shots? Here and Here Both of which were unpredictable, lasted only a fraction of a second and then were gone.

Paul

Jul 18, 2004 at 08:15 PM
ziggy
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · #123: National Interests

Paul, 2nd week in a row with a winner! Great thought, great execution. Congrats and the addition of the red scan takes this photo to the magazine level.

-Ziggy

Jul 18, 2004 at 10:50 PM
artemisphoto
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · #123: National Interests

People will do anything to assure their safety, even if it means giving up everything that is American.

This brings to mind a quote by Ben Franklin. "Those who would give up a essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve niether Liberty or Safety."

Jul 19, 2004 at 12:20 AM
keithchan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · #123: National Interests

artemisphoto wrote:
People will do anything to assure their safety, even if it means giving up everything that is American.

This brings to mind a quote by Ben Franklin. "Those who would give up a essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve niether Liberty or Safety."

Unfortunately, I know people that gave up their US citizenship and emigrated to other countries in order to continue to "live life" and travel around the world with the security that they will not be targeted.

I know what you're saying, but I'm not sure I'm clear on the right/wrong of the ideology. Some might say that it is American to focus on the self, and seek out happiness (ie: global travel), instead of standing up for nationality.

(Shrug)

Jul 19, 2004 at 12:27 AM
Wilky
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · #123: National Interests

Great concept love it

Jul 19, 2004 at 01:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

real25deal
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · #123: National Interests

I smell a finalist.

Very nice job all the way around.

Good Luck,
Gary

Jul 19, 2004 at 01:44 AM
MarjB
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · #123: National Interests

Scarey stuff! Great shot - and vividly brings to mind a SFi book I read years ago where the had the cool comptuer plug ins in the back of the neck and at the wrist - eliminates all the excess baggage. Hope it is all fiction!

Jul 19, 2004 at 05:50 AM
rrehders

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · #123: National Interests

Excellent concept, hope it isn't a real tatoo

Jul 19, 2004 at 03:09 PM
nopriors

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · #123: National Interests

I am assuming Winston Smith that this is Julia.

Aug 12, 2014 at 02:15 AM
       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password