Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · DC area cancer-charity event - volunteers needed, 10/6, 1...

Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · DC area cancer-charity event - volunteers needed, 10/6, 10/20

It's a wee bit OT, but this is the group best equipped, by far, to handle a project like this:

I shoot regularly for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society DC chapter. Every year they hold a series of Light the Night walks to raise money for cancer research. It's a long day and, in my experience, shooting it is about as tiring as a wedding, with some of the same kinds of complexity in terms of timing and getting the shots the organization needs.

I'm shooting one of the three walks in the area. They still need photographers for the other two walks:

- Montgomery County, MD (Rockville) - Saturday, October 6, 2012
- Northern Virginia (Reston) - Saturday, October 20, 2012

If you shoot a walk, you can do it solo, but you'll benefit from having an assistant. Last year, I shot the Rockville Light the Night walk. My wife helped me out, and it was great. She's awesome, but doesn't shoot, and having an assistant who could run and grab a shot in a different location would be useful.

The LLS team needs a complete set of group shots of each of the walking/fund-raising teams (this is even harder than herding family for group shots at a wedding, because these guys are all over the place), plus shots of the events, the activities, and, of course, the walk itself.

This is a call for volunteers; it's not a paid gig, but it's a good cause. If you're interested in taking responsibility for one of the two remaining walks (or if you'd like to second with me at the DC walk on 10/13), PM me and I'll put you in touch with the coordinator. The LLS team are great folks, and really appreciate the work volunteers do for them.

Jul 18, 2012 at 07:08 PM
Manzelle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · DC area cancer-charity event - volunteers needed, 10/6, 10/20

PM sent.

Jul 18, 2012 at 08:54 PM
kbelgrave
• •
p.1 #3 · DC area cancer-charity event - volunteers needed, 10/6, 10/20

Forwarding the info to a friend who lives in Warrenton. Thanks for the info, and kudos for taking this on yourself.

Karin

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #4 · DC area cancer-charity event - volunteers needed, 10/6, 10/20

RESTON is in Adam's capable hands. Thanks, Adam.

One down, one to go. Thanks for passing it along to your friend, Karin. I look forward to hearing whether he or she is available. In the meantime, I'll be happy to hear from anyone else interested in shooting the ROCKVILLE event.

Jul 19, 2012 at 01:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #5 · DC area cancer-charity event - volunteers needed, 10/6, 10/20

I originally had it backward in my update, so I edited and corrected it. To be clear, Adam has spoken for the RESTON event. Still looking for a volunteer for Rockville, MD, on 10/6.

Jul 19, 2012 at 02:40 AM
MrFotografer

p.1 #6 · DC area cancer-charity event - volunteers needed, 10/6, 10/20

Man, if I weren't already busy that weekend, I'd love to help out! I'm in Silver Spring =[

Jul 19, 2012 at 04:00 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #7 · DC area cancer-charity event - volunteers needed, 10/6, 10/20

Still looking for a volunteer for the Rockville walk on 10/6. If you're open that Saturday and this is a charity you'd like to support, please holla.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password