Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · #510 Take the plunge
  
 
oxman
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · #510 Take the plunge


Girlfriends are fun. You can get them to do all sorts of things. Perhaps stretching the concept but, what the heck.







Jul 17, 2012 at 07:54 PM
Hightraxx
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · #510 Take the plunge


Cool shot,

Norm



Jul 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM
twistedlim
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · #510 Take the plunge


Excellent!


Jul 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Travis Rhoads
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · #510 Take the plunge


Nice shot, I like the underwater, great choice for where she is, the disturbance on the surface, great overall. Nicely done.


Jul 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM
relms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · #510 Take the plunge


Very good underwater capture. I would like to hear about the gear that you used for this shot.


Jul 18, 2012 at 01:55 AM
robert829
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · #510 Take the plunge


Nice shot here


Jul 18, 2012 at 02:15 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



oxman
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · #510 Take the plunge


relms wrote:
Very good underwater capture. I would like to hear about the gear that you used for this shot.


Thanks much. I used a DiCAPac WPS10 Waterproof Case and my 5DM2 Canon. 20MM Lens. f /5.6. Aperture Priority.


Edited on Jul 18, 2012 at 04:30 PM · View previous versions



Jul 18, 2012 at 03:19 AM
oxman
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · #510 Take the plunge


@ Norm, Twistedlim, Travis, Relms and Robert - Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

Bill



Jul 18, 2012 at 03:21 AM
Travis Rhoads
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · #510 Take the plunge


oxman wrote:
Thanks much. I used a DiCAPac WPS10 Waterproof Case and my 5DM2 Canon. 20MM Lens. f /5.6. Aperture Priority.

I meant to ask this the other day...how hard is it to shoot underwater with a WP case on the camera, do you have to use live view...just curious. I would think it would be pretty challenging.



Jul 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM
oxman
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · #510 Take the plunge


Travis Rhoads wrote:
I meant to ask this the other day...how hard is it to shoot underwater with a WP case on the camera, do you have to use live view...just curious. I would think it would be pretty challenging.


Forget viewing anything

That is why I used a 20 mm lens. Yer shootin' from the hip basically and hoping for the best and planning on cropping. And there is the part of the case that contains the lens. You need to hold that compressed against the front of the lens while shooting.

You want to squeeze all the air out of the bag too. You are constantly fighting to stay submerged with the thing so good fins are helpful. Perhaps a weight belt if you dare.

It is pretty much camera wrestling and jungle photography but it's still fun.



Jul 19, 2012 at 03:26 PM
tntcorp
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · #510 Take the plunge


great shot!

suggestion: after you have pressed the bellow's front against the lens, wrap a strong rubber band around the lens bellows several times and tie-off to keep the bellow from moving forward. a medical rubber band for exercise is excellent in this application.

of course, the lens in used will need to be of internal focus (IF) design where the filter mount does not rotate during af.

may your gears stay dry while you are all wet.... ;-)


tom



Jul 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM
oxman
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · #510 Take the plunge


tntcorp wrote:
great shot!

suggestion: after you have pressed the bellow's front against the lens, wrap a strong rubber band around the lens bellows several times and tie-off to keep the bellow from moving forward. a medical rubber band for exercise is excellent in this application.

of course, the lens in used will need to be of internal focus (IF) design where the filter mount does not rotate during af.

may your gears stay dry while you are all wet.... ;-)

tom


Thanks for the great idea tntcorp. I will try that



Jul 20, 2012 at 02:41 PM





FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password