New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Newb from Oakland County Michigan

MicksPics

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Newb from Oakland County Michigan

Hey all,

I was directed to this site by a professional who shoots for Getty images who suggested that this would be the best place to get feedback, tips, advice and constructive criticism. A local Detroit blog gave me a chance to start shooting concerts this past May, and I decided after a couple shows that I needed something more than a Canon Digital P&S. So I spent a bit of coin to dip my toe in the water, and bought a Canon T3i Rebel with the 18-55mm f/3.5 kit lens, along with the Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM. Saving up some coin to buy the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM next, since I plan to mostly just do concerts and shows.

Are there some guides on the forums here for what to post in terms of image size, camera settings, etc...? I plan to lurk for a while first, but really want to get better quick. I practice in my pinball gameroom which kind of helps emulate a concert setting.

Shows I've got to shoot so far include Volbeat, Hellyeah, Iced Earth, Ted Nugent, Styx and Santana. To say that I've jumped in head first is an understatement.

Mick

Jul 16, 2012 at 09:35 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Newb from Oakland County Michigan

Hello and welcome to FM. Each one of the forums has a "FM Forum Rules" hyperlink at the top that explains the max size on the longest side of the frame.

Good luck with the concerts. You may want to consider some fast/low light primes given that you may have closer access to the stage than the masses.

Jul 16, 2012 at 09:57 PM
MicksPics

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Newb from Oakland County Michigan

Thanks for the tips. I assume the People forum is best suited for concert pics?

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Newb from Oakland County Michigan

People Forum looks to be the best fit. Also, make use of the Photo Critique Forum. They will provide very good feedback for those that can appreciate criticism without taking it personally. We are all here to learn.

Jul 17, 2012 at 06:55 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.